lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2016, 06:38 PM   #1
akatimshady
Getting Wild

Default G14 Vanguard Build

So I sold my G2 with the predator 420. Now its time to build my G14 with the Vanguard 18hp I had in the G2 for a few days. Soon as I sold the G2 I started ordering some stuff for the G14. Jakes long travel is on the way as well as a set of Madjax Octane 14" rims with 23" Raptor Mud tires. Plan is to get front disc brakes very soon, get cart painted, some kind of roof or roll bar setup or Jakes Upper brush guard, front winch bumper, and a posi kit for rear end ( Cart is a late G14 with dana rear end) Already removed governor from Vanguard, Installed CPP rev kit, advanced cam 1 tooth. Still need to install the 2 barrel intake and carb. Secondary clutch is smoked on the G14 so i need to order a clutch kit. Has a new Comet 780 from CPP on the motor. Seems like most are running a stock secondary spring. When i had it in the G2 it had a new secondary with umaxx spring in it. Didnt really drive it to much so i dont know how that setup was. Looking a plowmans and saw they have a clutch setup specifically for the v twins. Anyone running this kit? Dont know if I should get that or just run a stock secondary. What does everyone think. Pics to come soon.
akatimshady is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2016, 06:57 PM   #2
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

Default Re: G14 Vanguard Build

I'm running a built 18+ Vanguard with a UMAX spring in the all stock secondary. G-9 cart. I'm using the Comet 94c primary. Some guys have had problems with it and went to the 780. Personnaly mine was...take it out of the box, install it and beat the snot out of it. Been running it for over a year. I did have to get a set of pucks though because of me not servicing it regularly. Lesson learned.
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 06:39 AM   #3
chevydmax6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokeasmowl View Post
I'm running a built 18+ Vanguard with a UMAX spring in the all stock secondary. G-9 cart. I'm using the Comet 94c primary. Some guys have had problems with it and went to the 780. Personnaly mine was...take it out of the box, install it and beat the snot out of it. Been running it for over a year. I did have to get a set of pucks though because of me not servicing it regularly. Lesson learned.
What kind of service are u suppose to do on a 94c
I have one with 9 7/8 and have never had to do anything to it for a year
chevydmax6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 06:45 AM   #4
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

Really just clean and lubricate it. Depends on your use. I do alot of trail riding, mostly extreme, and when I took mine off it was filthy. I'll be taking it off monthly now to clean and lube it.
Old 05-02-2016, 07:09 AM   #5
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

Chris, how was your spring in the center of your clutch? Where did you get your pucks?
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 08:37 AM   #6
chevydmax6
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have cleaned it I had mine off this weekend and the bushing that is inside the sheave that moves is messed up I need to find a new one
Old 05-02-2016, 10:43 AM   #7
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

Any degreaser will clean it up. Wash the pucks as well as the pockets. Lube with a dry slide or Comet clutch lube. I will say that the 780 Comet is a MUCH better choice, It will give you much better performance then the 94C.
BigBlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 06:08 PM   #8
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1-G9 View Post
Chris, how was your spring in the center of your clutch? Where did you get your pucks?
My spring is fine. I didn't notice anything different. This particular setup uses the pink spring and 6-7/8 ounce pucks.

Chevyd....be sure to lubricate those bushings too. I use a dry lube in an aerosol can by Liquid Wrench. Spray it on and let the propellant dry off. It leaves a film slicker than snot on a glass doorknob.
Old 05-02-2016, 06:30 PM   #9
chevydmax6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokeasmowl View Post
My spring is fine. I didn't notice anything different. This particular setup uses the pink spring and 6-7/8 ounce pucks.

Chevyd....be sure to lubricate those bushings too. I use a dry lube in an aerosol can by Liquid Wrench. Spray it on and let the propellant dry off. It leaves a film slicker than snot on a glass doorknob.
I have used dry lube and I have sanded the pucks down so they side easy
Old 05-08-2016, 08:47 PM   #10
akatimshady
Getting Wild

My Lift and rims and tires came and i got them installed this weekend. Still need to set alignment. Also have to figure out how I am going to drop swing arm. Hopefully i get my gaskets soon from Pats. Tuesday I ordered gaskets to install my 2 Barrel setup but I have not received shipping info or anything on them. When I check my account it shows the order but says nothing about when if if they have shipped. Lift kit came with some bad instructions. Pics were so dark you couldn't tell what was going on. And one pic for front shock bracket said it showed passenger side but you could tell it was the drivers side. Luckily a quick look on Jake's web site and i got a good set of instructions with good pics. New complete rear clutch setup came also but didn't get a chance to install that. Yesterday had to take a 2 1/2 hr ride to Wisconsin for a body in good shape (and a few cases of Spotted Cow, the only IPA i have ever tasted and liked). So i need to get hat prepped for paint. Thinking a green similar to what the new challengers use. [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
akatimshady is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!