lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-30-2009, 02:06 PM   #1
lupin36
Not Yet Wild

Default Slow in forward Fast in reverse

2003 Club DS, 48 Volt IQ system. Cart will take off just fine but within a second or so will slow to a crawl and run about 2 to 3 m.p.h. I can step on the pedal again and it will repeat the same never getting any faster than before. In reverse it runs just fine. The Batts. are less than one year old............voltages on all 6 are over 8.5 volts. I replaced the MCOR with one off of a working cart........didn't fix it. I am getting 48V from the key switch but have not tried another location. I am really just looking for other things to consider. Such as, F & R rocker switch, solenoid, motor, controller, brake light micro switch? Any help/guidance is greatly appreciated.
lupin36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-30-2009, 04:57 PM   #2
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

Default Re: Slow in forward Fast in reverse

car has entered a "creep home" mode.. something is triggering that in the controller. Without a display computer its honestly hard to say what..
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:41 PM   #3
lupin36
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the response. So is this something that I can reset myself or have to take in? I did disconnect the sensor on the rear of the motor but still same problem. I understand it to be the low speed sensor?
Old 04-02-2009, 01:35 PM   #4
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

That is not a slow speed sensor but a feedback. It is a speed sensor but not your problem. Your problem is in controller as for fixing it someone else will have to answer that. There is another post on this says that you may have a bad controller, but problem best handled by dealer.
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:15 PM   #5
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

controllers are costly, best handled by a dealer so if a mistake is made, its his to buy. (if hes honest)
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:36 AM   #6
lupin36
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the help guys. Now the hard part......finding a dealer I can trust. I have heard nothing but bad things about the ones closest to me.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:46 PM   #7
lupin36
Not Yet Wild

I have found a shop that has an IQDM and should be able to find what fault codes my cart has. HOWEVER, he just got it and doesn't recognize what all the faults mean. I have been unable to find a list of these anywhere. Does anyone here have a listing of the fault codes and what they mean? I don't have the code/codes yet as I will not be able to bring in my cart until tomorrow.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:46 AM   #8
lupin36
Not Yet Wild

Christian at CKD golf carts in League City hooked up his IQDM and found a speed sensor fault code. NO charge!! I put a new one in and it runs great. Thanks to all who replied and special thanks to Christian.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:59 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

AND thank you for posting the solution so everyone here could benefit from your experience
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car