lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-11-2022, 03:00 PM   #31
Dawgman25
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2022 Icon programming cable

So just to confirm, if I have the older cable from Atrain, I can cut off the Molex connection and just wire it to the serial connector that I purchase with the Amazon link? Along with having the software, that will work?
Dawgman25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-11-2022, 04:52 PM   #32
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgman25 View Post
So just to confirm, if I have the older cable from Atrain, I can cut off the Molex connection and just wire it to the serial connector that I purchase with the Amazon link? Along with having the software, that will work?
No that won't work only because there are only 3 wires in the 2019/2020/2021 cable.

You could do that but you'd need to add a 4th wire anyway. At some point I was going to see if I could find a simpler process to make 1 cable that works with both, but for now those cables only have 3 ends on them.
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 05:28 PM   #33
Dawgman25
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATrain View Post
No that won't work only because there are only 3 wires in the 2019/2020/2021 cable.
So do we have details of what works? Just the serial connector and a Molex connector?
Dawgman25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 08:03 PM   #34
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgman25 View Post
So do we have details of what works? Just the serial connector and a Molex connector?
Yes I've confirmed it separately. I'm actually looking to see if I can get a custom cable made that would work for both with an attachment.

Small order quantities make it a pain though.

For now if you have a 2022, you'll have to make your own cable and buy the little device.
Old 02-12-2022, 11:17 AM   #35
jbloomfield
Not Yet Wild

I have a 2022 and can confirm the instructions posted earlier by BobInDaytona work great. I currently have an ESP32 hooked directly to the programming port and can update settings on the fly. It also acts as an immobilizer and the cart will only move if my phone is near. That gets around the fact that all Icon keys are the same
jbloomfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 12:41 PM   #36
djowens985
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbloomfield View Post
I have a 2022 and can confirm the instructions posted earlier by BobInDaytona work great. I currently have an ESP32 hooked directly to the programming port and can update settings on the fly. It also acts as an immobilizer and the cart will only move if my phone is near. That gets around the fact that all Icon keys are the same
Ok I have a 22 as well and have been reading as many post as I can on the new controllers. I would like to know more about your setup with on the fly programming so I can order the same setup. Also is there a place to get the program now?
djowens985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 01:41 PM   #37
rfagundo
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleebow View Post
send me a PM please
I could use your assistance as well. How can we connect?
rfagundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 02:19 PM   #38
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbloomfield View Post
I'd love to hear the details on your ESP32 setup too. What controls it? Do tell
Old 02-13-2022, 10:40 AM   #39
robertmII
Not Yet Wild

Glad to hear at least a few people are making headway. My cart, as is, is the worst driving cart I’ve ever driven. My pedal is 5% power and 100% with nothing in between. This is after the dealer spent a week tweaking the programming. The updates came straight from Marco at the Dallas distributer so it seems like Icon doesn’t know what to do with it either.
robertmII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 11:24 PM   #40
ATrain
Gone Wild

I ordered a ton of stuff for cables plus 2022 ones. Going to try and make one and test it.

Overall cost of the cable should be far cheaper than the 2019/2020/2021's.

Then going to try and tweak a 2022 and see if I can figure anything useful out. I still think I need to buy one but it'd be a couple months before I do. I have access to some though.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon