lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-31-2022, 01:33 AM   #21
Coondawgg
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 84 ezgo marathon, good price???

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
PQ motors is an excellent option. So are Electrical motor products (EMP) and Luna Industries and Vintage Golf Cart Parts.
We sell Admiral motors for all 19 spline Ezgo about 1987 & up. These other companies can give you options for older carts.
Any and all series motors work with the C series conversion kits. GL with the project
Thanks Scotty! I emailed you a couple weeks ago asking about a conversion kit for my 84 ezgo marathon. I’m just about to pull the trigger on C42 400 amp conversion kit, just trying to figure out what’s best way to tackle the motor. Tear down myself? send it off to be rebuilt? completely replace? Any tips on where to start?
Coondawgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-31-2022, 10:03 AM   #22
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coondawgg View Post
Thanks Scotty! I emailed you a couple weeks ago asking about a conversion kit for my 84 ezgo marathon. I’m just about to pull the trigger on C42 400 amp conversion kit, just trying to figure out what’s best way to tackle the motor. Tear down myself? send it off to be rebuilt? completely replace? Any tips on where to start?
The answer depends upon your skill level and the desired results. DIY if you can turn the armature and install new brushes if a refreshed motor is all you need. A refreshed 36v motor should yield about 30% more speed and power on 48v. PQ can tweak the motor for even more torque or speed.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 11:39 AM   #23
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

In my experience and opinion, the Plum Quick Bandit ($325 plus shipping both ways) is definitely the best bang for your buck. Or you can spend more and get one of their custom motors, you have to formulate a plan and budget. They claim 25% more torque plus more speed. I gained 3 mph on 36 volts when I did it to my cart and considerably more when I converted to 48 volts.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ezgo, marathon, price
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO