lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-15-2023, 09:38 PM   #41
passthru
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: DIY Battery build

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
The eve 105ab cells are good for 1c or 105amps like I already said earlier. this is weak for a golf cart pack. Eve does make the much stronger 100ah cells rated for 3c though. You can compare specs of both here.. some sellers give incorrect specs to sell what they bought at auction.

https://www.docanpower.com/index.php...product_id=437

I would recommend you go with a 3c or at least a 2c rated cell for longer life at the higher discharge rates. The c rating is the amount of current the cells can continuously charge or discharge. 1c would be 1x the cells rated ah capacity (105a) vs 3c (315a) output.
Thanx.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk
passthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-15-2023, 09:39 PM   #42
passthru
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
If they say 1C/3C, they are saying continuous 1C, peak 3C for a few seconds. Not an EV pack at those ratings.
Thanx.

Old 02-15-2023, 09:46 PM   #43
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by passthru View Post
Thanx.

The cell I linked above is also only good for 1c.. they do make 3c rated 100ah cells but for some reason I cannot find any on docans site at the moment
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 10:45 PM   #44
passthru
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'm wondering why I cannot go to a wrecking yard and get a battery from a wrecked out vehicle.

Old 03-07-2023, 11:00 PM   #45
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by passthru View Post
I'm wondering why I cannot go to a wrecking yard and get a battery from a wrecked out vehicle.

You might be able too but chances are they are already removed and sold online by the wrecking yard plus not too many electric vehicles in wrecking yards yet..
Old 03-08-2023, 03:04 AM   #46
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

I would think the lithium battery would be long gone by the time it gets to the average wrecking yard. Safety being the main reason. 400ish volts DC can sting.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 06:49 AM   #47
DaveTM
Gone Wild

A few years back I called a local salvage yard and ask about Leaf batteries. The "guy" on the other end of the line thought I was speaking in Latin.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 09:00 AM   #48
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

EV batteries are in high demand and they are the first things that go off of a crashed EV. You used to be able to find Leaf packs in salvage yards but good luck these days! I was lucky to find a newer leaf module set on Ebay three years ago for my second cart. These were two modules of 7S that together made a nice 14S pack. The original Leaf had a battery made up of 48 modules - each 2S - but newer Leafs have a much less usable set of modules. Most other EV's are similar - they taylor their cell modules to fit the application which makes them much more difficult to separate into nice 14S packs for golf cart use.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 09:08 AM   #49
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
EV batteries are in high demand and they are the first things that go off of a crashed EV. You used to be able to find Leaf packs in salvage yards but good luck these days! I was lucky to find a newer leaf module set on Ebay three years ago for my second cart. These were two modules of 7S that together made a nice 14S pack. The original Leaf had a battery made up of 48 modules - each 2S - but newer Leafs have a much less usable set of modules. Most other EV's are similar - they taylor their cell modules to fit the application which makes them much more difficult to separate into nice 14S packs for golf cart use.
To be fair many of these carts have after market controllers that have a very wide voltage range so you could make a pack with 15 cells And the only custom component would be the charger and they make chargers with variable adjustable voltage. I almost put a couple extra cells in my pack In hind site I'm glad I didn't because I would have needed to buy a Different model Curtis controller for say 58 V after replacing the faulty alltrax
Old 03-08-2023, 09:18 AM   #50
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I will keep my batteries the same cell count so that I can share my charger between my two carts. (And my home build BMS is designed for 14 cells) I may mod my design for 16 cells in the future but I expect my Leaf packs to last a while.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car