lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2010, 07:16 PM   #11
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: EZGO Year??

note the rear bumper on the jc's cart, they only used those long ones a few years then went to the short ones, I think it was in 99 when they changed but not 100% sure.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2010, 07:20 PM   #12
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

I'm not sure, I picked up an 05 gas and it had the long rear bumper on it. It is the only one I have ever seen with one on.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:34 PM   #13
goofymaz
Gone Wild

i think i have 3 but ill have to check when i get home! pretty sure its 3 on my 2000 txt
goofymaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:06 PM   #14
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

My 97 has the wide bumper (thank God), 2 other 97's that I know of have the narrow bumper. This could indicate the change happened during the 97 production run, or, indicate nothing at all. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarksKarts View Post
Do you have 3 bolts on the bottom of the steering wheel or 4 bolts, next to the floor board?
This is the true indicator of front suspension configuration.

BTW, at some point (2002 maybe???) EZ-Go stopped placing those metal placards on the carts, but the holes were still on the dash molds, ready for rivets that never get installed.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:48 PM   #15
ruredy
Born Wild

2001.5 is when they went to the 4 bolt steering mount and the rack & pinion on the front axle, except for the ST carts.

I can only seem to find 96 and 97 carts with the wide bumpers, doesn't necessarily mean this is your year cart. things can be changed on most any cart. My limo has the wide bumper, it's a 96.

I was thinking it was 04 when they started putting the vehicle id in the engine compartment, maybe 03
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:56 AM   #16
jcwatty
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys, mines got the three bolts on the steering mount. So I know that its older than 2001.5 and thats all I really need to know, for now anyway.
jcwatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:53 PM   #17
goofymaz
Gone Wild

F it has the 3 bolts it's not newer that an 2001.5! Tey went to 4 bolts that year! Mines a 2000 and it has 3 bolts as well! U r dealing with a 2000 probably if not older
goofymaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO