lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2013, 02:11 PM   #21
itsjustathing
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: FL street legal

I'm in ct and thinking about doing the same but my problem is that parts came from so many things
itsjustathing is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2013, 03:58 PM   #22
CROWN MAN
Gone Wild

I drive through Sun City Fl, just south of Tampa.
Sun City has hundreds of golf carts in parking lots , running up & down streets. Its pretty funny. Not one cart has a tag on it. I think they just get a sticker.

If I acquire a sticker & insurance in Sun City (dont know the county)would that be considered legal to drive in another county???
CROWN MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:21 AM   #23
dmjohn29
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CROWN MAN View Post
I drive through Sun City Fl, just south of Tampa.
Sun City has hundreds of golf carts in parking lots , running up & down streets. Its pretty funny. Not one cart has a tag on it. I think they just get a sticker.

If I acquire a sticker & insurance in Sun City (dont know the county)would that be considered legal to drive in another county???
I doubt it. Sun City Center is classified as a retirement community and the use of golf carts on public roads is governed by Section 316.2125 of the State Uniform Traffic Control. In Sun City golf carts can't be driven at night, and only on roads where the speed limit is 30 MPH or less, or designated cart paths. Only certain intersections can be used to cross Routes 674 and 301. No sticker is required, except for entry into the gated community of Kings Point. Insurance is recommended but optional.

Many of the residents rely on carts as there only means of transportation. To get from here to there you sometimes have to zig-zag through several neighborhoods. Unfortunately, there are no gas stations reachable by cart, so I have to refuel by gas can.
dmjohn29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:52 AM   #24
CROWN MAN
Gone Wild

I know your cart has to be electric in this area to acquire a reg. That being the case, you would think it would be much easier to do.
Example: Beer Run - F250 Diesel or Electric cart ??
Old 07-10-2013, 04:36 PM   #25
Waverider969
Gone Wild

I'm in Jupiter fl . What's the advantage of being street legal? Will I be able to drive down a1a? With my electric cart? If not ill stick to driving around my hood and taking the wide sidewalks down to beach across the way without actually gettin close to the street where all cars are.

Does being street legal involve insurance and taxes yearly?
Waverider969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:37 PM   #26
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Quote:
Does being street legal involve insurance and taxes yearly?
of course
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:55 AM   #27
CROWN MAN
Gone Wild

Yesterday on Long Boat Key Fl. I saw a guy with a parrot on his arm in a loud gas cart moving pretty good on a main street. He had a Fl.tag on it but no lights no brake light or signals. I know for a fact that gas carts can not be reg. in Sarasota county.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:37 AM   #28
Waverider969
Gone Wild

Can a golf cart be riden on wide sidewalk or grass along a public street? I really don't care to ride mine on same road as cars going 35 mph. And as long as I can ride on side and cross the road at crosswalk all I care.
Waverider969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:40 AM   #29
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waverider969 View Post
Can a golf cart be riden on wide sidewalk or grass along a public street? I really don't care to ride mine on same road as cars going 35 mph. And as long as I can ride on side and cross the road at crosswalk all I care.
legally: No

Some cops care , some don't and most don't know lol
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:35 PM   #30
flharleycop
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CROWN MAN View Post
Yesterday on Long Boat Key Fl. I saw a guy with a parrot on his arm in a loud gas cart moving pretty good on a main street. He had a Fl.tag on it but no lights no brake light or signals. I know for a fact that gas carts can not be reg. in Sarasota county.
Gas golf carts are legal once they are inspected as a ASP and get a tag in the State of Florida. Originally it was electric only, but a few years ago they authorized gas carts in the State.
flharleycop is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!