lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2007, 08:16 PM   #1
Monsterezgokid
Kid no more!!

E-Z-GO

Default My rim/body project

Well ive been looking to buy some cart rims for a while, and have yet to find any interesting ones up here. So i decided that i should try and put some neat automotive rims on my regual cart. So i shopped around and found some awesome rims for a cool price. So i bought them, and am in the process of purchasing some low profile tires for the cart too.
Here are the rims that i picked up for the cart, they are 17", and will have some 225/45/17 contiental contisport tires.

Im planning to make a 3 point front suspension on the front, and find someway to utize the old springs, or just get some new coilover shock, and mount them so the cart sits nice and low.
To attach the rims to the hub, ill make a simple little wheel spacer, probably around 2", and install some brake rotors for looks, then maby ill hook them up for functionality. here is a simple little mockup i did in photoshop, it took me like 4 seconds to do so it doesnt look all realisitc but you get the ideal

Once i got the whole suspension setup done, and wheels installed, im gona be building an entire body for the cart, ill used some aluminum panels to form the rough outline, then dig in the details with the foam, fiberglass, and finish it all off with some slammin paints from Alsa, ill be doing the crazer, crystal fx, and spectra fx combos with 3 tone flames

Heres a similar cart to what i want mine to look like, and im shure that it will be very similar to it.
Ive done some research for the company that makes this body and they car called B&B pefered manufacturing, the body is around $3700 not painted!

I also got some neat APC headlights, and wrap around bumper eurostyle foglight/indicator housing that im gona mold into the bumper

So i just wanted to know what you all think, and i hope that this turns out to a cool project, im gona start on it once it gets warmer
Monsterezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-20-2007, 08:29 PM   #2
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

WOW!!! That will be flat out awesome!!!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 09:34 PM   #3
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

That will be beyond AWESOME!!

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 09:36 PM   #4
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Be sure to post PLENTY of PICTURES!!! I want to see that build from start to finish.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 09:38 PM   #5
Monsterezgokid
Kid no more!!

E-Z-GO

Oh i assure you there will be LOTS of pics to come from this!
Old 02-20-2007, 09:44 PM   #6
Monsterezgokid
Kid no more!!

E-Z-GO

Oh yah i forgot to add that im gona be using some aftermarket Bmw grills on the front of the cart to add that final trim!

I like the 2 seperate ones better,they look more modern

Old 03-05-2007, 01:11 PM   #7
Monsterezgokid
Kid no more!!

E-Z-GO

Quick Update

I finaly got the tires, and installed them on the rims.. whoa! what a job, and i wasnt paying some of the tire stores around here to install them, some of them wanted around $80-150 un banlanced!! and becuase they are a low profile tire, and require a special machine.. Well i sad, screw them, and i did it myself, without even one scratch on the rim or any damage to the tire

Next, on the weekend, there was a warmer day, so i was off to uncover the cart and do some measurements for the hub spacer before i make them, and to see what the tires looked like under the cart..

So im happy so far, but, i hate the wintertime, it slows down any progress
Old 03-05-2007, 01:16 PM   #8
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

That is going to look awesome!!!!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:28 PM   #9
mphillip
Site Moderator

E-Z-GO

Tires look really good under there. Can't wait to be able to see them mounted for good.
mphillip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:31 PM   #10
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Wow! Looking good so far! How are you going to fab the front for the BMW grills or are you just going to cut holes in front plastic piece?
spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center