lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2012, 06:10 PM   #1
tomtt2
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha Drive Electric Service Manual

I have a 2007 Yamaha Drive electric (48v) and want to get my hands on a service (or shop) manual. Does anyone know if this manual is available as a PDF file or where I might look to find one?

Thanks for the help.
tomtt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2012, 07:23 PM   #2
swampsat
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha Drive Electric Service Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtt2 View Post
I have a 2007 Yamaha Drive electric (48v) and want to get my hands on a service (or shop) manual. Does anyone know if this manual is available as a PDF file or where I might look to find one?

Thanks for the help.
The manual for this cart is well over a 100 pages. What is it you are looking to do?
swampsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:53 PM   #3
tomtt2
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply. The reason I want the manual is just to become more familiar with the layout and diagnostics of the components.

I spent over ten years with Yamaha Motor Corp back in the 70s and 80s (on the tech service side) and actually helpped launch the original carts. Those, however, were very crude compared to todays carts.

A 100 page document sounds correct for a complete manual with specs and diagnostics. In a PDF, this wouldn't be that large a file to download.

If you have any sources, I would appreciate them.

Regards
Old 05-31-2012, 07:58 PM   #4
swampsat
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. The reason I want the manual is just to become more familiar with the layout and diagnostics of the components.

I spent over ten years with Yamaha Motor Corp back in the 70s and 80s (on the tech service side) and actually helpped launch the original carts. Those, however, were very crude compared to todays carts.

A 100 page document sounds correct for a complete manual with specs and diagnostics. In a PDF, this wouldn't be that large a file to download.

If you have any sources, I would appreciate them.

Regards

I dont have a pdf of the manual on my home cp but i think i have one on disk at work. I will try to get from work and post it
swampsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:05 PM   #5
tomtt2
Not Yet Wild

You're the best, Swampsat!

I would really appreciate a copy of the file. I may not be able to do it justice, but I will certainly give it a thorough read.

A 100 page pdf may be smaller than you think. I have a 700 page clock restoration book in pdf format and it is 56 Mb. That's with over 2000 color photos.........

Thanks again!
Old 06-10-2012, 06:41 PM   #6
Desert Sailor
Not Yet Wild

Go here and browse away!
http://yamahagolfcar.com/modelLookup.aspx
Desert Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:23 AM   #7
tomtt2
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Desert Sailor. I tried the link you provided and used the ID of my cart to look up the model information in the table on the site. The table listed teh 2007 Drive Electric model as YDREE.

The look-up page had a link to the Yamaha service manual site (a Ken Cook site). When I look up the 2007 electric cart manual (PN: LIT_19616_29_07_CD) the title of the manual is YDRA_E 2007 Electronic Service Manual CD. Notice that the model number is shown as YDRA_E versus the YDRE_E given on the look-up page. As a result I'm not positive that the manual noted is the correct one for my cart. At a cost of $50 and with a no returns policy, I don't want to make a mistake on the order.

Any ideas what the difference is between the model designations given?

Thanks
Tom T
Old 06-18-2012, 08:51 AM   #8
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Thanks Desert Sailor. I tried the link you provided and used the ID of my cart to look up the model information in the table on the site. The table listed teh 2007 Drive Electric model as YDREE.

The look-up page had a link to the Yamaha service manual site (a Ken Cook site). When I look up the 2007 electric cart manual (PN: LIT_19616_29_07_CD) the title of the manual is YDRA_E 2007 Electronic Service Manual CD. Notice that the model number is shown as YDRA_E versus the YDRE_E given on the look-up page. As a result I'm not positive that the manual noted is the correct one for my cart. At a cost of $50 and with a no returns policy, I don't want to make a mistake on the order.

Any ideas what the difference is between the model designations given?

Thanks
Tom T
The YDRA is gas and the YDRE is electric. That CD should cover both models.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:33 AM   #9
tomtt2
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Smallblock.

Based on all the online searches of the model name YDRA, I'm sure you are correct about it being the gas cart model name. That being the case, then I don't see a service manual for the electric model (YDRE).

The listed manual may cover both, but the description isn't clear. Based on the cost, I need to make sure it covers the electric, so maybe a call to Yamaha is in order.

Thanks for the help.

Regards
Old 06-22-2012, 06:22 PM   #10
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The info about "Ken cook" seems right to me. i have never used the cd version of the manual, but all model year Drive printed service manuals cover YDRE electric and YDRA gas models in one book. i dont have any digital copies of any of this info. buying service manuals is a good idea.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drive, electric, service manual, yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha