lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-20-2014, 01:50 PM   #51
sunking
Gone Wild

Default Re: #1 battery loses charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Current flow convention varies by profession. EE's always assume current flow is from Positive to Negative by convention. Electron movement is obviously the other way since they carry a negative charge. I'm an EE so I have been trained to think if current flow from Pos to Neg.
It can be done either way. It just depends on what you are comfortable with of using either negative or positive numbers. Makes no difference mathematically.
sunking is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-20-2014, 02:27 PM   #52
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Current flow convention varies by profession. EE's always assume current flow is from Positive to Negative by convention. Electron movement is obviously the other way since they carry a negative charge. I'm an EE so I have been trained to think if current flow from Pos to Neg.
I taught troubleshooting to students from both camps, so I can read schematics from left to right or from right to left.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 03:13 PM   #53
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

When charging batteries, current has to be forced through them backwards. That is the only time current flows from positive to more negative.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 04:38 PM   #54
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioman View Post
When charging batteries, current has to be forced through them backwards. That is the only time current flows from positive to more negative.
Which way current flows depends of which of the TWO definitions of current flow is used. (See attached)

If you studied Electronic Engineering, you were taught that current flows from negative to positive. (Electron current flow)

If you studied Electrical Engineering, you were taught that current flows from positive to negative. (Conventional current flow)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Electron Current vs Conventional Current.jpg (183.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-16-2015, 07:17 AM   #55
ncseadad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Good morning to all my buggies gone wild friends. I haven't posted since Dec, but don't like to have a open post. It all started with the #1 battery having less voltage than the others after driving for a short distance...The problem has been solved but I have NO idea why. I replace all 6 batteries with new one. Problem fixed, no drainage on #1 battery. So now, everyone will say it was the batteries...Well, in late Jan I put all 6 of the older batteries in another cart of mine and there work great. Charge good, hold a charge good and NO drainage in the #1 battery position..Both carts are work like they are suppose to and I have NO idea why....Sounds crazy but that cart just didn't like those batteries...Want to thank everyone for there input...
ncseadad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 09:43 AM   #56
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Over the last half century or so that I've worked with electronic stuff and electrical gadgets, I've encounter a handful of situations that defied technical explanation. Some of the mysteries were solved as I gained more experience and knowledge, but there are still a couple haven't been.
Old 04-16-2015, 11:25 AM   #57
CaptainPete
Getting Wild

I just replaced my batteries and plan on watching them closely. Trojan T-105's. I use mine to actually golf, so no matter how little I drive it, if I run to the Post Office down the road, I should charge it right? I got about 6 or 7 years out of the old ones.
CaptainPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 01:34 PM   #58
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainPete View Post
I just replaced my batteries and plan on watching them closely. Trojan T-105's. I use mine to actually golf, so no matter how little I drive it, if I run to the Post Office down the road, I should charge it right? I got about 6 or 7 years out of the old ones.
Continue doing whatever you did to get the 6 or 7 years out of the old ones.

In a nutshell, recharge after each use if possible and practical, but don't let batteries sit overnight in a partially discharged state.

My cart spends its nights in a detached garage about fifty feet from my back porch and the charger is plugged into it when it is parked there. On days I'm pretty sure I'll be making several short trips, I just leave it next the the back porch for convenience (I have bad legs) and not put it on charge until I put it in the garage for the night. If the short trips start adding up to 10 miles or so, I'll put it on charge before the next trip even though my cart's range is 30+ miles.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:41 PM   #59
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Nice to see people taking good care of their batteries and getting 6-7 years from a pack... seems when I was in the service business all I ever heard was complaints about short lived batteries..... of course not many of those complainers wanted to admit they were responsible.

Keep up the good work
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 02:33 PM   #60
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Proper TLC goes a long way and saves you $$ too.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO