lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-27-2016, 08:34 PM   #1
tsgtwheeler
Not Yet Wild

Default 2008 yamaha drive electric cart rear bearing removal

Hello, I have a 2008 yamaha drive electric golf cart. I can hear some rear end noise. I have changed out the rear end fluid 3 times still have the noise. I have found the bearings and clipd. anyone ever taken out this rear axle. I pull of the tire and there seems to be no hub so im guessing brakes are in the axel housing or engine brake. Local dealer wants 450 to replace them. I was like i got both bearings for 60.00 is this such a big deal.

Thanks for any help
tsgtwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-27-2016, 08:59 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2008 yamaha drive electric cart rear bearing removal

Take a look... Look like a big deal to you?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2016-01-27-18-57-32.jpg (65.3 KB, 0 views)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 08:15 AM   #3
tsgtwheeler
Not Yet Wild

sorry been out of town. no that does not look like that big of a deal. just wondering if there is a clip inside the axel housing. because i have only heard that you just use a malet and tap the axel out
tsgtwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 10:51 PM   #4
cgtech

Yamaha

Outer wheel bearings are not too tough. Remove snap ring & with a little persuasion it'll come out. It will be the whole axle shaft with bearing attached. You will need a press (or some "creative" spacers, i suggest a press) to get the bearing off & on the axle shaft.
Old 03-30-2016, 05:31 PM   #5
chriskent85
Gone Wild

Thank you for the info. I just got a cart in and looked in nivels catalog and it showed the bearing already attached to the axle and the price on the axle was $844. No way i was gonna pay that. Looks like i need to track down a bearing and have a machine shop install it for me.
chriskent85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 05:39 PM   #6
chriskent85
Gone Wild

Is there anyway you can post a link to that diagram. Its kinda hard to see
chriskent85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 07:01 PM   #7
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Not that hard if you have a really good set of snap ring pliers. Remove wheel, remove dust cap/cotter key/castle washer/nut and hub. May need a puller to get the hub off. Remove snap ring, reinstall hub and nut and use a "dead blow" hammer ect on the hub to get the axle assy out of the transaxle case. Remove hub and steel collar and press the bearing off towards the hub side of the axle. A "slight trick",if you don't have a press, but you must be very carefull !!!!!!....use a wire wheel to clean ALL the rust from the axle (were the steel collar was), With a vice/blocks of wood or a hole drilled in a work bench, lay the bearing on the surface, install the axle nut to protect the threads and give it a few taps with a "dead blow" hammer. You can do the same thing for reinsatlling the bearing, just don't damage the "splined axle" end when useing the hammer!!! This is "shade tree" mechanics, but can be done if your carefull. You can also buy that bearing from any bearing house for about 20.00. Best bet...use a press. Good luck
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 02:46 PM   #8
cgtech

Yamaha

https://partstream.arinet.com/Mobile...lR7v6ESQ1.html

This is the mobile version of the site, i looked it up on my phone & the "desktop version" of the website doesnt work on my phone.
Old 07-22-2017, 02:57 PM   #9
Chip1283
Not Yet Wild

I'm new to this sorry for replying right here. I'm trying to do the same thing. I got the axle assembly out but can't get the hub off the axle.
Chip1283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 07:34 PM   #10
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip1283 View Post
I'm new to this sorry for replying right here. I'm trying to do the same thing. I got the axle assembly out but can't get the hub off the axle.

You may need a puller or a press
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha