lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-27-2021, 02:50 AM   #1
unkovicht
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EZGO RXV lighting, horn, rear lights and indicator not working

Hi Everyone,
I am new to this forum so thanks in advance for any assistance.
I have a Ezgo 2015 RXV freedom golf cart which has a factory fitted DC-DC converter (48v to 12V) to power the head lights, indicators, rear lights and horn.
I did some maintenance on the golf cart mainly mechanical replacing bushes, bearings, metal work respraying, etc and now when I turn on the cart the cart works fine (drives well) except I have no lighting electrics at all. Have checked all fuses, they are all good.

Looking at the wiring schematic (see attached) I see there is an orange wire that runs from DC – DC converter to the ignition switch which provides 48V to trigger the DC converter on and off, I cut the orange wire to meter it and can confirm that NO 48V is being provided when I turn the ignition switch on so believe this to be the problem. (No 48V so no triggering of DC-DC converter to come on)

On attached diagram the orange wire connects to a red wire at S10 but trying to find out what S10 actually means and where does the orange wire run within the wiring loom to further trouble shoot.?

Thanks in advance for any trouble shooting tips
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RXV electrical .jpg (199.8 KB, 0 views)
unkovicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-24-2022, 01:48 AM   #2
unkovicht
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO RXV lighting, horn, rear lights and indicator not working

After some trouble shooting I found that one of the earth wires was broken. - problem fixed.
unkovicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO