lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-17-2022, 06:38 PM   #11
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent Snow Plow - it works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeCW View Post
You might want to consider measuring your amperage draws when plowing to ensure it stays within the ratings of your cart components (batteries, solenoid, controller, FWD REV contactor, motor, etc). I recall a number of cases on BGW where failures were induced when excessive loads were applied to "stock" golf carts ... I seem to recall in those cases that people tried to harrow with their carts and ended up burning something up. Your upgraded cart certainly might be OK ... but it might be worth checking out.

I know that my cart draws more amps chained up through the snow ... pulling up a gravel road hill in summer might take 100 amps ... the same hill in in the winter with chains and snow is 150 to 200 amps. Adding a plow to the front will only increase those amperage draws.

Nice job making your own chains. If you find the ride a bit choppy with the chains, you might want to consider a closer cross chain spacing ... could result in less thump, thump, thump when driving.

Also consider pointing your bungee cord hooks outward (away from the sidewall) ... right now the open hook end is pointing into the sidewall, which risks a possible sidewall puncture if you rub something the wrong way with your tire chains.
6" of fairlyt heavy snow here this morning. Buggy was pulling 200 amps to drive through it on the level [no blade]. Tip, if your chains need bungees they are tooooo long. Time to be shortened.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-21-2022, 08:54 PM   #12
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
And loving snow is why you moved back north? Donuts in snow sound like fun though.

Dec. 24, 1989 we got the most we ever had. It amounted to less than an inch. Roads melted as soon as it hit so driving wasn't too bad, just a bit slushy. Police advised everyone to stay home and most everyone did. My Suburban loved it though. Had the roads to ourselves.

Mar. 1993 was the worst however. 17 degrees for a high one day, only snow flurries, power went off for 3 days, water froze in both toilets. Horrible 3 days. We stayed in an almost impossible to find fleabag motel to survive.

And nothing since 1993 except some brief flurries. I guess that global warming thing took over and kept it away!

This is what we got in GA in 2018, before we really went to town drifting and donutting the place up And I wasn’t too far from you…
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10A512CF-630C-4B69-A33A-BA578332317D.jpg (206.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg D7AB985E-ED79-46C3-A61F-59D5312A657B.jpg (175.0 KB, 0 views)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 08:47 AM   #13
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Someone local here (northern Indiana) put an ATV blade on a gas Club Car DS. Did ok as long as the snow wasn't too deep or heavy. Gas cart just doesn't have the same kind of weight for traction. The FE290 isn't even close to the weight of the lead acid batteries.

Last edited by meimk; 01-22-2022 at 08:48 AM.. Reason: Typo
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 09:21 AM   #14
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

What’s next? A lawn mower deck?
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 09:53 AM   #15
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Prior to getting a good mudder tire, I had chains for front and back when it got snow covered. (Hunting use).

I have the chains that have the "spike" stuff to dig into ice. Bad part of those is don't drive over anything you don't want chewed into...like a truck bed coating or your garage floor.

I've been thinking of just grinding off the spikes, but I dunno how that would affect the quality of using the chains.

Any input on that would be appreciated.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 10:13 AM   #16
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Vbar chains are awesome on ice. Snow, even packed snow you won't see a huge loss of traction with just regular chains. The concrete in your garage floor must be pretty "delicate" that a 1200 pound golf cart is chewing it up. I drive a 11 000 pound tractor with chains into the shop for service occasionally without issue.
Old 01-22-2022, 02:06 PM   #17
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
Vbar chains are awesome on ice. Snow, even packed snow you won't see a huge loss of traction with just regular chains. The concrete in your garage floor must be pretty "delicate" that a 1200 pound golf cart is chewing it up. I drive a 11 000 pound tractor with chains into the shop for service occasionally without issue.
I didn't mention my garage floor is coated with that epoxy "stuff". Great to clean up but V-bars are tough. I use to keep a few 2x10"s around when I kept the chains on it.
Old 01-22-2022, 02:20 PM   #18
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ahhh. Stuff scorches and burns too.
Old 01-22-2022, 03:21 PM   #19
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

I’ve got no problem on snow or ice (flat and hills) with conventional lawn tractor style ladder chains. But my cart also is about 1900 lbs with just me in it. Conventional chains might work for you too … but you might need to throw 400 lbs in the box to make up for the weight you lost with lithium
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C76755BD-15E9-4498-938F-DF5A52AA2099.jpg (106.3 KB, 0 views)
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 08:09 AM   #20
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Here's why I haven't used chains in some time. I'm driving in the gas well roads and such and those are never plowed.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car