lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-14-2010, 12:02 PM   #1
mdefelice
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Question Replacement Gas Motor Options

Interested in replacement Motor options for my Pioneer. It has FE350 with a large hole in the crankcase. (not rebuildable). New engine at least $1450. What is available and how much work/money to make the swap?

Mike in NY
mdefelice is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-14-2010, 12:38 PM   #2
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Replacement Gas Motor Options

I posted an fe350 that goes for $600 shipped in my post about an fe290. I dont know the rotation on it yet but I was asking opinions on it. It comes with a fuel tank, muffler, starter for key start. I dont want to spend $2200 on a BB swap yet. I kinda wanna keep it stock for now. I think it depends on how much money you want to spend is the question.
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 01:33 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If you have a 1998 of newer CC you have a Clockwise rotation engine.... You will find your options VERY limited.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 08:02 PM   #4
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok on limited side, what is out there that has the same rotation to keep it correct? I did a search but maybe I didn't use the right search words. Can there be a sticky or is there one?
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 02:28 AM   #5
shahoo80
Not Yet Wild

Depending on where the hole in the block is you might try to patch.

When I was racing go carts using briggs motor, I threw the oil slinger thru the block right out the side and put a 3" hole in it. I patched it with JB Weld. Through cleaning in and out and have to JB Weld both sides. After patching took the engine to the shop and had it worked and moved to the outlaw class and ran the motor for 2 seasons that way.

By the way I used a piece of aluminum to cover the hole on the outside using thin piece I formed to the hole and block. Just butter the edges thick and place on the block let it come out using a putty knife smooth out. let it dry then put a couple of coats inside and out and make sure to smooth out. Easy fix for under 10.00 and save hundreds.

Hey it may not work in your case, Just my 2 cents sometimes I just like to be cheap and try different options.
shahoo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:40 AM   #6
mdefelice
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Has anyone run an FE350 Engine without the counterweight??
mdefelice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 04:15 PM   #7
kevinandrew
Gone Wild
Club Car

that fe350 that you see for $600.00 is probably really an fe350d. it's a good motor, but it has a counter clockwise pto. i believe if you look you can get one with an electric start and a higher amp alternator. probably most of your club car fe350 will bolt on. i guess worse case senario would be running in reverse to go foward..........probably i slightly lower gear ratio.
kevinandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car