lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-13-2024, 07:13 AM   #1
Getsome
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EZGO 2008 thru 2012 RXV Differential Oil Fill

So I just changed my axel bearings and oil seals on my 2009 RXV. If you have one of these models, you will find you don't have a fill plug on your differential.

I bought a hand pump that fits a one quart bottle, used a .25 inch rubber hose taped to a Harbor Freight electrical snake fiberglass rod to guide it down the driver's side axel tube to pump 25 ounces of 75-90W into the rear-end. I know some will refer to the specified 30w, but as old as my cart is, and living in Florida, made it much smoother and quieter.
Getsome is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-13-2024, 07:37 AM   #2
sleeplesstwo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO 2008 thru 2012 RXV Differential Oil Fill

Did the lubricant you installed have friction modifier in it? The RXV has a positrac rear end and needs friction modifier.
sleeplesstwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 08:03 AM   #3
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Either through the axle tube or as i prefer through the vent hole on drivers side. Synthetic gear oil 75/90w ( limited slip ) or as said + 2 oz. friction modifier for the limited slip diff.
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 09:04 AM   #4
Getsome
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I forgot to add, I did use friction modifier. I will get a pic of the bottle when I;m back out to my shop where it's at. Could not believe how smooth it got after the service. I did screw up and put the snap ring in ahead of the oil seal. I got 2 new seals because I got to pull the seals, then reassemble it correctly. I had a little play in the passengers side when I reassembled and it didn't dawn on me why.
Old 01-13-2024, 09:09 AM   #5
Getsome
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Starting the Lithium upgrade today. I bought a kit from Battery EVO before doing my research, so not sure if it will work correctly with my Danaher controls and motor brake. It's 2- 48 volt 47 Ah batteries in parallel. If not, I wasted $1,500! Well, I can always use the batteries on my off grid solar array.
Old 01-13-2024, 09:51 AM   #6
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The EVO batteries have a lower operating voltage, so that's a question for the experts on here. With 2 in parallel, the discharge rates seems ok to me.

I'd recommend to post the question about the EVO lithiums within the Ezgo/lithium section, so Pat911will read it for sure and you'll get the correct answer.
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO