lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-13-2021, 03:13 PM   #11
tpowel2
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Things I’ve done so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrown55 View Post
DoHonest S01 HD 1080P Car Backup Camera and Monitor kit for Front/Rear View License Plate Reverse Camera. Amazon
Thank you!
tpowel2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2021, 08:17 AM   #12
jeffahfah
Getting Wild

For those wanting dash covers, there is a Yamaha one that fits. I had to get one because of the wife. They provide a false sense of security. Kinda like a glovebox, helps keep prying eyes but not physical prying.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A7491444-3F34-4C00-8E60-DA710D92E1B9.jpg (168.5 KB, 0 views)
jeffahfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 09:43 AM   #13
bmcwhirt
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffahfah View Post
For those wanting dash covers, there is a Yamaha one that fits. I had to get one because of the wife. They provide a false sense of security. Kinda like a glovebox, helps keep prying eyes but not physical prying.
How difficult was it to cut out the hole for the fwd/rev switch? I want to order this dash insert but am having trouble visualizing how I will cut out that hole (as well as the two other switch blanks that I've used for lighting switches).
bmcwhirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 08:12 AM   #14
jeffahfah
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcwhirt View Post
How difficult was it to cut out the hole for the fwd/rev switch? I want to order this dash insert but am having trouble visualizing how I will cut out that hole (as well as the two other switch blanks that I've used for lighting switches).
I actually bought it from the dealer when purchasing the icon. A dremel could easily handle it. While it does provide a cleaner look there is not a metal on metal latching system. It's a metal bar that slides all the way left and all the way right when locked and uses the edge of the plastic as the catch for the lock.

The other downside to it is that the ICON gets a fair amount of vibrations on the road and those lids make loud vibration noises. You really hear it when braking.

Basically just use it to put in the bazooka playbar remote and other stuff that I dont care if it gets lost. No way would a wallet or purse go in there.

The front is rounded but very front is pretty flat, not sure where your other blanks are. Im only using the one that is built into the Icon lower dash for a garage door remote switch.
jeffahfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 12:39 PM   #15
bmcwhirt
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffahfah View Post
I actually bought it from the dealer when purchasing the icon. A dremel could easily handle it. While it does provide a cleaner look there is not a metal on metal latching system. It's a metal bar that slides all the way left and all the way right when locked and uses the edge of the plastic as the catch for the lock.

The other downside to it is that the ICON gets a fair amount of vibrations on the road and those lids make loud vibration noises. You really hear it when braking.

Basically just use it to put in the bazooka playbar remote and other stuff that I dont care if it gets lost. No way would a wallet or purse go in there.

The front is rounded but very front is pretty flat, not sure where your other blanks are. Im only using the one that is built into the Icon lower dash for a garage door remote switch.
Thanks for your honest review. I've not heard anyone else mention that it was noisy or that the locking mechanism was weak. I think I'll look for some other alternative for more secure storage.
bmcwhirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 12:24 PM   #16
PLee83
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
2021 I60L with dealer installled twin 56Ah roypow packs in parallel with the roypow green lithium charger. Originally was going with the single 105Ah but the hills around here with the lifted 6 seater was causing the BMS to shut down the battery. Putting two in parallel gives the same capacity but cuts the amperage to each BMS in half. We have gone up and down monster hills with no issues.

The dealer could not figure out how to remove the onboard Icon (Delta Q) charger so he left it and wire a separate power cable for the new onboard charger.

I removed the factory charger and routed the new charge input to the factory port so that functions like normal with the removable power cord. I had to go back to the dealer to pick up the cord because they didn’t include it. The SOC is a little iffy because I dont think it is set up for lithium so i installed the Roypow supplied power meter in the dash.

The trick to removing the factory charger is a two wire cable from the charger that supplies on/off logic to the motor controller so that you can’t drive off with the charge plugged in. A jumper across that connector fools the controller into thinking that the charger is disconnected and the cart will run, i just have to make sure to not drive off with it plugged in. This can also be done in programming by disabling charger check (Line 5) in the programming.

I’m going to try to trade my factory charger back with the dealer for a spare roypow charger or sell it to someone who needs a spare.

I installed the 2” aluminum spacers from amazon, definite improvement in stability.

Dealer upped RPM to 5000 to give 25 up from factory 19 mph. I make take it 30 but 25 is plenty fast for my wife.

I installed a backup camera powered by the power cable that originally went to the very annoying backup horn and it comes on automatically when switched to reverse. Very very nice unit for 35 bucks.

Installed the flashing turn signal side mirrors. Dealer installed bluetooth stereo with speakers in rear deck behind second row.

I built the cable that Atrain suggested and it works like a champ. We probably get 25 miles of more before the charge gets below 50%. The lithium maintains full 51 volts throughout the discharge range which is great.

I rewired everything the dealer did and put the wires inside plastic wire loom to protect from elements and routed everything neatly up high on the chassis to prevent any damage.

Some pics attached. Hoping Icon will come out with some glove box covers soon.

This forum is great and I love all the great ideas and experiences. So far I am thrilled with this cart.
Hi Mbrown55,
I thought you said in your YT video you say you installed radials on yours as well? Can you send me the size that works and also a photo if you have one? I like the quieter ride. Also, curious if your speakers are good. i think they look great. Do you know brand on those? Buying a couple more of these and trying to configure upgrades. You have done some nice stuff .
PLee83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 07:09 AM   #17
Mikefili
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
DoHonest S01 HD 1080P Car Backup Camera and Monitor kit for Front/Rear View License Plate Reverse Camera. Amazon
I also purchased the same camera and have not managed to hook it up so it works, I even have posted the question multiple times without any help.
The back up camera is 12 volts and the reverse horn is powered by 48 volts, the monitor will not come on when hooked up to the 48 volt source when the cart is put in reverse, but it works perfectly when hooked up to 12 volt battery, the camera still works so it is apparent that hooking it up to 48 volts has not damaged it. Can anyone help with a way to hook it up so it comes on when the cart is put into reverse?
Mikefili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 07:14 AM   #18
Mikefili
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Used the power from the back up horn and the camera comes on when the cart is in reverse.
I am using the same camera and have had no success using the wire to the reverse buzzer, the buzzer is fed with 48 volts, when I hook the camera to it the monitor does not come on, when I hook it up to a 12 volt battery or one of my 8volt cart batteries it works correctly, how did you accomplish hooking it up to the 48 V reverse horn. I do not want to hook it up to my 12 volt reducer as it would be on all the time, thank 6ou for any help
Old 09-04-2021, 07:20 AM   #19
Mikefili
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikefili View Post
I am using the same camera and have had no success using the wire to the reverse buzzer, the buzzer is fed with 48 volts, when I hook the camera to it the monitor does not come on, when I hook it up to a 12 volt battery or one of my 8volt cart batteries it works correctly, how did you accomplish hooking it up to the 48 V reverse horn. I do not want to hook it up to my 12 volt reducer as it would be on all the time, thank 6ou for any help
Can anyone help?
Old 09-04-2021, 07:24 AM   #20
Mikefili
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Used the power from the back up horn and the camera comes on when the cart is in reverse.
Thanks for that answer, the problem I am finding is the back up horn is 48 volts and the camera is 12 volts, please tell me what you did to get it to work hooked up to a 48 volt source
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon