lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2021, 09:58 PM   #31
Itech
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Lo Speed Switch

So...if I ground pin#2 I should have low speed mode?
Itech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-05-2021, 10:14 AM   #32
mbrown55
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itech View Post
So...if I ground pin#2 I should have low speed mode?
yes, but low speed parameters have to be programmed in the controller. Not sure what the default low speed is. I'm pretty sure its quite a bit less than the default motor rpm max.
mbrown55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 11:55 AM   #33
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrown55 View Post
yes, but low speed parameters have to be programmed in the controller. Not sure what the default low speed is. I'm pretty sure its quite a bit less than the default motor rpm max.
My default lo speed was 12.5mph (2500 rpms)
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 02:10 PM   #34
PLÜMEdaddy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATrain View Post
My default lo speed was 12.5mph (2500 rpms)
Hey ATRAIN, unrelated to this post but i tried to contact you through another post not sure if you got it! I’m also in San Diego and would love to meet up if you’d be willing to help me out with my new cart? Obviously would pay you for your time I would just rather not mess with all this stuff when you clearly seem to have some idea what you’re doing. Would love to chat if you’re down! Email or call me!
-Nick
401-474-55four9
Gusfire1@gmail.com
PLÜMEdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 04:57 PM   #35
Itech
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

So the controller housing is under the cart between the frame members?
Itech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 05:17 PM   #36
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itech View Post
So the controller housing is under the cart between the frame members?
Under the rear seat, there's a black panel with 2 screws. You remove those screws and slide the panel off, then there is a black box with 6 screws.
Old 07-07-2021, 10:43 AM   #37
capitalst
Not Yet Wild

I ordered a toggle switch. What gauge wire did you use and where did you ground the switch too?

Quote:
THE ANSWER

I finally decided to take apart the controller housing and see what was going on inside and there is no wire for pin #2!! Don't fret though, I have an easy solution.

The connector is an AMPSEAL 770680-1. I actually had to buy one for a Navitas controller, so I had a website handy and was able to quickly find it...

https://www.te.com/usa-en/product-770680-1.html

That connector uses these AMPSEAL contacts - https://www.te.com/usa-en/product-CA...tible=770680-1

So you just crimp one of those onto a wire and with that AMPSEAL connector, you just push (& twist maybe?) directly into the back and it will clip in.

I'm going to screw with mine eventually...but as I get closer to solving the low speed switch, I'm starting to think I'll never really use it, but it's fun to figure out.
capitalst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 11:02 AM   #38
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalst View Post
I ordered a toggle switch. What gauge wire did you use and where did you ground the switch too?
So I never finished, but I was just going to ground it to something under the dash near where I was planning to install a switch. You need this wire end too.

I was starting with 20ga since it's just a low-voltage wire.

The reason I didn't finish was lack of space to maneuver (without removing the seat) and my back was hurting.

Important - It's easy to break the AMPSEAL connector, so make sure to read the product PDFs so you know how to properly disassemble it in order to insert the new wire.

You can't just shove it in the back with that connector on it. I broke one tab off the AMPSEAL and my arm was scraped up and I just said F-it and decided to go to the beach and give up.

I'd recommend removing whatever seat components necessary to get good access if you're doing it.
Old 07-13-2021, 07:15 AM   #39
capitalst
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
So I never finished, but I was just going to ground it to something under the dash near where I was planning to install a switch. You need this wire end too.

I was starting with 20ga since it's just a low-voltage wire.

The reason I didn't finish was lack of space to maneuver (without removing the seat) and my back was hurting.

Important - It's easy to break the AMPSEAL connector, so make sure to read the product PDFs so you know how to properly disassemble it in order to insert the new wire.

You can't just shove it in the back with that connector on it. I broke one tab off the AMPSEAL and my arm was scraped up and I just said F-it and decided to go to the beach and give up.

I'd recommend removing whatever seat components necessary to get good access if you're doing it.

I get the toggle switch later this week. I will try to tackle this and post pics. My CANBUS comes today so I should also be able to play with the hi and low speeds as well. I was going to get my I40 to do 7k RPM's for the high side and maybe 4k for times late night drives when I shouldn't be doing 35 mph lol.
capitalst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 10:57 PM   #40
kdwalter
Not Yet Wild

Anyone ever finish this project? Would love to have a low speed switch.
kdwalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon