lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2021, 05:07 AM   #1
laynlow
Not Yet Wild

Default 2021 Tomberlin MPH

Hello All,
New to BGW and have a question regarding MPH on our new (20 miles)
E-Merge SS Coupe 2 seater cart. Tomberlin and the dealer claim it should max out at 25 mph and our maiden voyage results were 21 mph. I'm a big guy 235lb and wife 110lb, would that have anything to do with it? It's the same drivetrain as the 6 seater Ghost Hawk, which must have a 10 mph max if weights what's causing it. Is there a way to turn these up?
Thanks!
laynlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2021, 10:08 AM   #2
nonomac4
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2021 Tomberlin MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlow View Post
Hello All,
New to BGW and have a question regarding MPH on our new (20 miles)
E-Merge SS Coupe 2 seater cart. Tomberlin and the dealer claim it should max out at 25 mph and our maiden voyage results were 21 mph. I'm a big guy 235lb and wife 110lb, would that have anything to do with it? It's the same drivetrain as the 6 seater Ghost Hawk, which must have a 10 mph max if weights what's causing it. Is there a way to turn these up?
Thanks!
If you were on flat ground or a slight incline, then yes the weight may have a say on the speed but if you were downhill it shouldn’t make any difference. Contact your dealer and see if they can turn up the controller, I have no idea what controller is in those carts. Good luck with it and happy carting!
nonomac4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 04:45 AM   #3
laynlow
Not Yet Wild

Thanks!
laynlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 07:08 AM   #4
fordraptor
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have a 2020 Ghosthawk 6-seater. It will do 25/26 mph with four adults on it. I’ve never had six people onboard. Weight shouldn’t have too much of an effect on top speed.

Speaking of top speed, is there a way to hack newer Tomberlins to get more speed?
fordraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 08:52 AM   #5
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

The new Tomberlin are equipped with Sevcon Gen 4 450 AC controllers. With AC Drive, the weight or hill won't hamper speed too much and even 235 isn't all so much.

Would definitely let the dealer know. And also, when checking the speed GPS it with your phone. It's always possible the internal programming of the dash display is off a bit too. GPS won't lie.

We all know that LSV requirement by law is top speed of 25mph - any brand AC cart so not speaking just about the brand in question today. But let's just say for example someone wanted the bells and whistles of an LSV but they were going to use is strictly off public streets...then changing the speed could be achieved by:

Larger tires;
Lower ratio axle gears like AZ is famous for;
Reprogramming the controller for higher motor RPM without exceeding motor specs;
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts