lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2021, 10:58 AM   #1
rockfish
Not Yet Wild

Default Taylor dunn ft280 battery swap from lead to lithum?

Hello everybody ! new to forum , golf cart ect.
I recently picked up and early 90s ft 280 36 volt retired utility cart ( people transport ) from an airport. Its really cool looking and i love driving it around. Ive done a little work on it replacing ball joints, steering , new tires , paint job..... it does run and drive at about 12 mph which is ok to me but i was wondering about swapping the old lead acid batteries with a 36v lithium. Theirs not a whole lot of info on these on here so maybe some of yall have had some experience with this. my question is, can i just replace the batteries . plug and play or do i need to do controllers ect. This set up currently has the original solenoids and like i said seems to be working fine. Thanks .
rockfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-02-2021, 11:27 AM   #2
mfinnegan
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Taylor dunn ft280 battery swap from lead to lithum?

you can just swap the lead acid for lithium. the cart only knows its getting 36v, doesn't care where it's from.
mfinnegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 11:37 AM   #3
rockfish
Not Yet Wild

Thats what i thought , just wanted to get a second opinion before i jumped on it. Thx!
rockfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 02:45 PM   #4
kcmiller
Not Yet Wild

Let me know what you end up doing. We just got an r380. I started to look into a lithium conversion then stopped when I saw how expensive a decent charger would cost on top of the batteries...
kcmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts