lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-16-2011, 12:27 PM   #11
custom carts
THE CUSTOM KID

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Drive Electric Warranty problem

ok that charger has a reset button on the bottom. you have to take it out turn it over there is a sticker that you will .and with a pen press the reset bottom in for 10 seconds and it will reset .is your charger yellow and black or solid blk and if that does not work im going to look in the shop there is also a way to reset the i forgot what they call it but i have direction on how to try the reset botton frist that works 9 out of 10 times
custom carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-16-2011, 12:31 PM   #12
custom carts
THE CUSTOM KID

E-Z-GO

ok i found it here is the other troble with thoes charger this is how reset the Algorithm
ELCON

For this procedure it is not necessary to disconnect your main positive battery terminal. The ElCon charger is equipped with a program button, which is located underneath the 48 volt sticker. Simply remove the sticker, and using a pen or other small, rigid object, depress the button while plugging in the AC cord to the car. The LED will begin to flash; when it flashes a total of 6 times, release the button. You have now successfully changed the Algorithm setting on your ElCon charger.

Delta Q

For this procedure, it would be helpful to have another person assist. When changing the Algorithm setting on your Delta Q Charger, using a 13mm or ½ “ wrench, remove the main positive cable and the small, red charge cable from the battery terminal. Locate and identify the LED on the charger that is shaped like a battery and is shaded in ¾ of the way. The LED will flash the current Algorithm setting.

Note at this point, you will need to have precise timing in order to correctly set the Algorithm.

Once you have identified the LED, have the second person plug in the AC charge cord while you view the LED and hold the small gauge red wire. The entire LED bank will flash quickly, then the ¾ shaded battery will flash the current Algorithm. AS SOON AS the ¾ battery indicator starts to flash, hold the small gauge red wire to the main positive terminal FOR EXACTLY 3 SECONDS, then release. If done correctly, the ¾ shaded battery will move to the next Algorithm. You will need to repeat the process of touching the red wire to the terminal for 3 seconds until the ¾ battery flash reaches 7.

If the Algorithm did not advance, you will need to repeat the procedure from the beginning.

Last edited by custom carts; 04-16-2011 at 12:39 PM.. Reason: for got a name
Old 04-16-2011, 01:07 PM   #13
ddrmr
Not Yet Wild

Hey Scotty & Roady, The charger actually worked for 7 months, then quit. As the innovative, creative repairman I am, I used a 12v car battery charger and kept them charged in pairs! I'm going to try to go directly to ElCon again. They should warranty their product even in Drive Electric doesn't. Bottom line: DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM "ZONE ELECTRIC" OR "DRIVE ELECTRIC"!! THEY ARE NOT REPUTABLE OR ETHICAL! I have dealt with businesses like them in the past. Poor customer service is a sign they are going out of business; and, many times it is the REASON they are going out of business.

Last edited by ddrmr; 04-16-2011 at 01:08 PM.. Reason: spelling
ddrmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 02:50 PM   #14
custom carts
THE CUSTOM KID

E-Z-GO

you should try resetting it
Old 04-16-2011, 03:05 PM   #15
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrmr View Post
Hey Scotty & Roady, The charger actually worked for 7 months, then quit. As the innovative, creative repairman I am, I used a 12v car battery charger and kept them charged in pairs! I'm going to try to go directly to ElCon again. They should warranty their product even in Drive Electric doesn't. Bottom line: DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM "ZONE ELECTRIC" OR "DRIVE ELECTRIC"!! THEY ARE NOT REPUTABLE OR ETHICAL! I have dealt with businesses like them in the past. Poor customer service is a sign they are going out of business; and, many times it is the REASON they are going out of business.
Well, more than a few have felt like the ONLY reason they opened up shop was to take advantage of the Tax incentive and then close up shop afterwards. All the warnings in the world wouldn't make anyone listen. I'm sure now they wished they had. You should report your incident to the IRS if you feel what happened wasn't legal.. I think this is the form others have used. http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-utl/refer...iveschemes.pdf If not theres more info on this page. http://www.irs.gov/individuals/artic...106778,00.html
You don't have to identify yourself but if you do your identity is kept secret. The warranty deal....well....not sure what you can do. If that charger doesn't say "elcon" on it somewhere its a clone and your SOL. If I remember correctly they did use clones at least on some.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 03:12 PM   #16
ddrmr
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Roady, I don't think my issue is I.R.S. - related, but I'm sure they exist for others! Drive needs to held accountable for their non-existant warranty service!
The charger does say ElCon on it, so maybe I'll be able to pursue them for the charger.

Last edited by ddrmr; 04-16-2011 at 03:13 PM.. Reason: more information
Old 04-16-2011, 03:25 PM   #17
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Heres a copy of the Zone Spark manufacturers warranty...I think Version 2. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...k_warranty.pdf

Terms and conditions of sale when orders were placed. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...tions-sale.pdf

Heres a link to Elcon. http://www.elconchargers.com/catalog...53/7638003.htm
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:18 AM   #18
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

So dd...

Did you try to reset your charger per custom carts instructions yet?

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 09:02 AM   #19
ddrmr
Not Yet Wild

Lockman, When I called Drive with the initial problem, the tech guy tried to troubleshoot it with me; but, when I told him the charge indicator flashed "red" 6 times, then stayed lit, he told me it was fried. At first he was going to send a new unit, but then called back to say they wouldn't stand behind it.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:40 AM   #20
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrmr View Post
Lockman, When I called Drive with the initial problem, the tech guy tried to troubleshoot it with me; but, when I told him the charge indicator flashed "red" 6 times, then stayed lit, he told me it was fried. At first he was going to send a new unit, but then called back to say they wouldn't stand behind it.
Buyer beware
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery charger
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts