lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2008, 09:27 PM   #1
C_Heath
Not Yet Wild

Default 36v? Im really new and need help.

Ok, The only times that I use a cart is on the course and at the beach. Im buying one soon and I want an electric. Another member here has helped but I dont want to get the wrong one.

Im going to a private dealer this week, he has gas and electrics. What should I look for and what do I need to pay? Im hearing $1500-$2000 for his electrics.

The thing is I have no idea what to ask. If anyone can help, please do.

Thanks in advance.

Chris
C_Heath is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2008, 09:32 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: 36v? Im really new and need help.

What make of cart? E-Z-GO, Club Car or Yamaha?

One of the most important things when buying electrics is to check the age of the batteries. If they are more than say...4 years old you may be buying a new set of batteries within a year. That will help determine the price of the cart. DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT let them tell you the batteries will last for 8-10 years....or it they are already 5 years old and the dealer says..."They will last another 5 years". If they tell you this, simply turn around and walk out. They are already trying to screw you over.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:13 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yeh, like buying a car you naeed to know how old it is . Is it stock or modified? Modified by whom? Lift the seat and atleast look in all the battery compartments. Look under them and see if the rear end is seeping or leaking. $1500 doesn't buy a whole lot of golf cart. So you are gonna have to look close. Check the front end for worn parts. How much slop is in the wheel?
Good Luck !
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 07:33 PM   #4
C_Heath
Not Yet Wild

found out a little more today.

2003 CC 48v I.S.

no idea what IS is.

It has the motor brake and it all stock and green (yuck)

One has new batteries ($2500) and one has 5 year old batteries ($2100)

suggestions?
Old 06-23-2008, 07:51 PM   #5
roady89
nimda
Club Car

No such thing as an "I.S.".....there is an "I.Q." model but no I.S. Did you drive either one of them?
Old 06-23-2008, 08:34 PM   #6
C_Heath
Not Yet Wild

Yes, IQ that is. Thanks, not been over there. To be honest, its a little out of my price range. :(
Old 06-23-2008, 09:13 PM   #7
roady89
nimda
Club Car

I was hoping you would say that. Seems a little steep to me for a cart that has 5 year old batteries. Ask as many questions as you need to, last thing we want to see is you get messed around because the dealer knows you are not educated.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:31 PM   #8
C_Heath
Not Yet Wild

It seems hes right on the money as far as price goes. The ones on Ebay are bringing the same and the ones on the net are about the same as well.

This sucks. heheheh
Old 06-23-2008, 10:30 PM   #9
roady89
nimda
Club Car

For your area yes, in my area no. Alot of it depends on location. I can pick up a decent cart of that vintage for $1700 on the low end on up to $2200 if it's real nice and clean with good batteries. There are people who buy down south and transport them north. Thats how much of a demand there is. If there is a demand for them the price gets higher.

Just take your time and make an educated purchase. You will be happier you did.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:22 AM   #10
ranch patrol
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I went to craigslist to find mine. I looked at several that were supposed to be really nice that were junk. I ended up driving 2 hours away from my house, but found 1 that had everything I wanted. Only cost $850. I am replacing a $120 part that the seller told me was going bad. He was very honest on the phone & described the good & bad about the cart. It was actually in great shape with newer tires & batteries. Lot's of people need some cash, & are selling there toys. Just be careful as there are still lot's of untrusty people out there.
ranch patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts