lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2015, 09:58 PM   #11
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Thoughts on which cart to buy? EZGO RXV, PDS or Club Car?

New AC Yahama has a 6.7hp AC motor that blows everyone else out of the water (including anything offered from Clubcar). They are no longer using their own Moric controller (they own a major share of that co.). I hear their Dc sepex system is still available, but would not even consider it, given the power of the new system. All our yamahas are optioned with a 8x 6v t-105 pack, i have yet to see that on a Precedent, and it does not fit in a RXV (i tried). Their new 350a controller is now built by Toyota, who might know a thing or 2 about AC controllers (think Prius). The AC system is getting less & less a "voodoo technology", once you understand it. As far as all previous yamahas "just sucked", the weak moric controller offered from '04-'14 was a weak point, but their frame /suspension/steering is superior in strength & durability to a Precedent any day (unless we are pretending the Precedent has no problems whatsoever in the front suspension).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2015, 08:25 AM   #12
briebb
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
New AC Yahama has a 6.7hp AC motor that blows everyone else out of the water (including anything offered from Clubcar). They are no longer using their own Moric controller (they own a major share of that co.). I hear their Dc sepex system is still available, but would not even consider it, given the power of the new system. All our yamahas are optioned with a 8x 6v t-105 pack, i have yet to see that on a Precedent, and it does not fit in a RXV (i tried). Their new 350a controller is now built by Toyota, who might know a thing or 2 about AC controllers (think Prius). The AC system is getting less & less a "voodoo technology", once you understand it. As far as all previous yamahas "just sucked", the weak moric controller offered from '04-'14 was a weak point, but their frame /suspension/steering is superior in strength & durability to a Precedent any day (unless we are pretending the Precedent has no problems whatsoever in the front suspension).
I haven't seen an AC Yamaha yet. What year and model has it? As of right now, I'm still torn between the RXV and the CC. Maybe I'll search for this new Yamaha and see if I can make my decision more confusing. Hahaha!! I definitely want to look at everything before I decide.
briebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 09:18 AM   #13
cgtech

Yamaha

New AC yamaha drive electric has been available about a year, with no problems. Although i would suggest the regen be set to lowest level (just my preference).
Old 07-06-2015, 09:25 AM   #14
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
New AC yamaha drive electric has been available about a year, with no problems. Although i would suggest the regen be set to lowest level (just my preference).
Care to explain why? I intend to drive one today.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 02:17 PM   #15
cgtech

Yamaha

I prefer less regen when gas is released. I also think its a little quiter when rolling to a stop when near zero rpm.
Old 07-07-2015, 04:40 PM   #16
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

Hi.
RXV Tech here.

Many RXV problems have more to do with battery maint. and environment(users) than anything else.

RXV auto brake thread is good example, Brake failure and cart failure due mostly to batts.

Batteries were watered with bulk (single point) watering system which was documented to under and over water batteries.
Batteries were watered with well water not distilled water.

Author of thread documents less than stellar battery performance from Trojan 12v batts.

In our experience here, Parking/Emergency brake failure can be directly
traced to misuse/abuse.

We have 2008 carts which still use the original brake.

The RXV has proven to be a great cart here.
We have hilly area and the RXV blows away all stock carts i have seen (have not seen Yammys A.C. cart but i am willing to believe cgtech)

Ez-Go has a 350 amp controller fo RXV's -- should be close competitor to Yammies for power

AC cart is no harder to troubleshoot than any other cart.
You must have hand held programmer to do it right.

That said, we rarely need the hand held to diagnose RXV problems.

RXV's rarely have problems other than Batteries or brakes.
Wear and tear items such as bushings/rack and pinions occur over time or with abuse but seem to be in line with other carts.

The factory wire /electrical system for all RXV's is reliable and very trouble free
if not messed with. Just do not try to add accessories to factory harness/ key switch ect.

The 2008 "Problem" carts can be upgraded to 2009 "reliable" cart
by upgrading software (easy-labor only cost. not much labor 20min job)
And replacing parking/emergency brake with new style brake (less than $300.00 part and 45 min labor)
And solenoid ( not very expensive and 30 min labor)

With good tech support (available for free here ) RXV's are a good cart !!
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 04:52 PM   #17
thetoddjohnson
Gone Wild

To me the aluminum construction of the Club Car is a huge advantage because my carts are at the beach. If you are not planning on using the cart in a salty environment then this isn't really an issue for you.

TJ
thetoddjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club car, ezgo, rxv
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO