lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2017, 04:59 PM   #11
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Curtis SepEx Code 2,4 and 1,3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Yurtle. Cart is using a 1268 Curtis. Different animal than a standard PDS or DCS wiring. Need to get the manual from FSIP
10-4.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-20-2017, 07:41 PM   #12
JATRUH78
Not Yet Wild
Star

also check the cables to the motor. the same thing happened to mine. the cables were loose sending same code. the internal brushes were gone. replaced them and it was fine. it takes alot to ruin a curtis controller trust me.
JATRUH78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 07:09 PM   #13
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by JATRUH78 View Post
also check the cables to the motor. the same thing happened to mine. the cables were loose sending same code. the internal brushes were gone. replaced them and it was fine. it takes alot to ruin a curtis controller trust me.

With a Star, you own a well known "Curtis destroyer" the controller is mounted on a plate above the motor. The motor terminals were usually clocked up, facing that plate. When hitting bumps, there was potential to short the motor terminals against the controller plate. On a sepex Star, that has about a 75% controller mortality rate. The AC powered Star had much better odds of controller survival.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 10:48 AM   #14
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

foregolf: Attched is a manual for the 1268 if that helps. Second is the best wiring diagram for a Star cart I have found and it is in the attached Star cart manual.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Curtis 1268 manual.pdf (1.05 MB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf Star Cart w 1268 Controller - Wiring.pdf (912.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf Star - golf car manual new version.pdf (1.06 MB, 0 views)
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:06 AM   #15
Larrythib
Not Yet Wild

foregolf, Sound like you have the same trouble I am. I recently bought what I thought was an EZGO cart. I am having trouble with the controller. None of the manuals I downloaded made any sense. Long story short I found out I have a 2005 Star which back in the day was identical to an EZGO. Mine has a sepex and is giving the 1,3 code. though investigation look like I have a short between the B- and M- post. Hope this helps you.
Larrythib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 07:16 PM   #16
R96imp
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Larrythib
Did you resolve the issue with your
STAR/EZGO Controller?
I have the same issue with my COUNTERFEIT CHINESE TXT/STAR 48
R96imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 08:14 PM   #17
Bodein
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by foregolf View Post
Hi, I'm a new member & amateur cart owner. My daughter & a friend that it would be fun to drive it through large puddles of water after a rain storm! She returned home. She didn't have any issues while driving and it made it back home. About 15 minutes later, I went outside and could smell what I describe as some burnt electrical. I engaged pedal and the cart would not go. I've done some research. I have tested the solenoid and it seems fine. When the key is off, the LED on my curtis controller blinks 2,4 but when I turn the key to the run position, it blinks 1,3. I've been reading about how to remove the speed sensor but it is very hard to get to and I haven't done it yet. It is a GEM brand from pictures that I have seen on-line. It appears that it snaps on. Any suggestions on if I should purchase a new speed sensor? I don't have a trailer and haven't taken it to a repair shop to plug in a diagnostic reader. Other thoughts?

I bet you have a ruff and tuff , hence the issues with the 1268 controllers , they started using them in 09' and have created nothing but problems . I'm working on two right now they were running fine over the past year ,one started going 5 mph then quit all together throwing a 5-4 code , word I said that it has to be reprorammed , although some people are just using the programmer to turn off the walk away driver , thus allowing the field current to pass through to the motor . All the pin outs check off but it will pull in the solenoid but not go anywhere ., they were doing that when I first started working on them and somehow got them working , had to replace a 3 wire throtttle sensor , key switch , and now it was showing a1-3 without even moving ,
Bodein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 04:52 PM   #18
kantuckian
Gone Wild

Good Info Thanks
kantuckian is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO