lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-26-2017, 05:21 PM   #1
reeseman44
QualityCarts

Club Car

Default 1995 48v powerdrive vglide/potentiometer install question?

I have a 1995 48v powerdrive club car that has the v glide/potentiometer (whatever its called) system but is missing the actual vglide itself. I had a guy give me a v glide from a 2010 48v. I'm trying to get it hooked up and am close. However when I tap the gas it goes full throttle no matter what. From what I've researched this was an odd year because if the silly powerdrive they did for part of the year. I'm hoping one on the experts on here or someone whose got some knowledge on such a specific topic can help me out. Thanks in advance.
reeseman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-26-2017, 06:06 PM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 1995 48v powerdrive vglide/potentiometer install question?

If Your cart has the 1995 0-5kΩ VGlide rheostat throttle that only has 2 wires on FNR micro-switch #3 (white and black) but you are installing a 2001 3-wire MultiStep potentiometer (aka: 5kΩ-0):
Harness <-> VGlide
Blue - Blue
Green/White - Green/White

Black - Purple
White - Yellow
The White/Black from the new Multi-Step Potentiometer (VGlide) is not needed and should be taped.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 06:18 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

1995 was 0-5k you have installed a 5k-0 throttle device. Confirm this by holding the pedal to the floor, then turn on the key. The wheels should start to spin slowly as you ease up on the gas. There is a way to reverse the signal, not sure if that is what Sergio gave you above?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 09:11 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeseman44 View Post
I have a 1995 48v powerdrive club car that has the v glide/potentiometer (whatever its called) system but is missing the actual vglide itself. I had a guy give me a v glide from a 2010 48v. I'm trying to get it hooked up and am close. However when I tap the gas it goes full throttle no matter what. From what I've researched this was an odd year because if the silly powerdrive they did for part of the year. I'm hoping one on the experts on here or someone whose got some knowledge on such a specific topic can help me out. Thanks in advance.
What's your vehicle serial number? 1995 48 volt cars were 0-5k until week 16. After week 16, they used a 5k-0 3-wire design. Also, double check the v-glide from the donor vehicle and see if there is a part number anywhere on it. Club Car didn't use a V-Glide in 2010.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 09:06 PM   #5
reeseman44
QualityCarts

Club Car

Thanks guys. Carts was 25th week or production. Sorry for the late reply I have been away. Drove from Florida to my and back.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:09 PM   #6
reeseman44
QualityCarts

Club Car

This makes sense, since when I hooked it up it went full speed into my garage wall without the actual throttle being depressed haha
Old 01-03-2018, 02:03 PM   #7
reeseman44
QualityCarts

Club Car

Tried hooking it up as Sergio described. Still full speed or no speed at all. I cannot find the part number on,the vglide/potentiometer, and the wiring harness and connections the the limit switches from the vglide had been pulled and cut. So I'm really starting from scratch here
Old 01-03-2018, 02:04 PM   #8
reeseman44
QualityCarts

Club Car

There's only 2 spaces for wires to limit switch #3
Old 01-03-2018, 02:11 PM   #9
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

If the wire connections from the VGlide to the FNR micro-switch are gone, set your meter to 20k and test the following:

From the Purple to the Yellow wires on the VGlide You should have 0 to 5k resistance as you press the pedal.

IF the above is OK, those 2 wires should go all the way to Controller terminals #2 and #3.

You should be able to put your meter on the 2 wires at the controller terminals (#2 and #3) and get the same 0 to 5k range as you press the pedal.
Old 01-03-2018, 02:20 PM   #10
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You definitely have a 0-5k model, that change happened on February of 1995 where Serial No. A9529 445799 and greater were changed to the 5k-0 throttle.

Make sure the only wires from the Vglide throttle (Purple and Yellow) go directly to the Controller and no left over wires that used to go to the FNR micro-switch are still connected.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car