lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-04-2018, 12:05 PM   #21
reeseman44
QualityCarts

Club Car

Default Re: 1995 48v powerdrive vglide/potentiometer install question?

Controller is black. Cant seem to get stable ratimgs on the 20k scale. I hooked u just the blue to blue key wire, with the purple to black, and the yellow to white. Got nothing at all. Decided to hook up the green/white to the micro switch #1 bottom. Cart goes full throttle whether barely on the pedal or all the way. Maybe this donor vglide is no good and that's my problem?
reeseman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-04-2018, 12:33 PM   #22
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

It looks like that cart has been pieced together with different parts....

It is behaving as if you have a 0-5kΩ setup on a Controller that is actually configured for a 3-wire system (aka: 5k-0Ω), but You don't seem to have the correct harness installed to support it.

Please verify how many wires do you have near the VGlide, 4 or 5 and the colors?

What is the actual manufacturer and model # of that Controller.

If You cannot get a consistent reading on your Multimeter with the probes directly at the VGlide wires with all of the wires disconnected from the cart, then yes, you have a bad MultiStep Potentiometer (aka: VGlide).
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 01:08 PM   #23
reeseman44
QualityCarts

Club Car

There are only three loose wires from the cart ...blue, white, black. Then there are the micro switches that have 3 open places. #1 bottom, and #3 both top and bottom.

I got the cart from a guy who works at a course. It was missing the glide and batterys. Everything else was complete.

I did the 20k test with the blue key switch wire hooked up to the glide. ill try again with no wires hooked up at all.
Old 01-04-2018, 01:53 PM   #24
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

This picture of the inside of the MultiStep potentiometer (3-wire aka: 5k-0Ω) may help:

Wire #8 is the Yellow (Connected to the wiper arm).

When the Pedal is UP, after you just press it just enough to close the micro-switch, the wiper arm should be over the pad with wire #7 Purple.

That should give You on your meter, remember 0L on the meter means Open Line (infinity resistance) not zero resistance.

When the pedal is all the way down (WOT), the wiper arm will be over the pad with wire #6 white/black (which is not used on a 0-5kΩ setup) and the resistance on your meter should be 5kΩ (actually a little higher than that).

The harness wire colors you describe are for a 0-5kΩ controller, but that may not be the Controller you have installed.

Once You can get a good reading on the VGlide so we can eliminate it as the source of the problem, we can try converting it to a 5k-0Ω which will involve running a new wire to controller B-.

Don't forget to look for the Controller model #.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 03:53 PM   #25
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeseman44 View Post
Controller is black. Cant seem to get stable ratimgs on the 20k scale. I hooked u just the blue to blue key wire, with the purple to black, and the yellow to white. Got nothing at all. Decided to hook up the green/white to the micro switch #1 bottom. Cart goes full throttle whether barely on the pedal or all the way. Maybe this donor vglide is no good and that's my problem?
The black controllers were 0-5k. The silver ones were 5k-0 3-wire. The model number on the silver one would be 1204-410, but I do not recall the number on the earlier black ones.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 05:23 PM   #26
reeseman44
QualityCarts

Club Car

Ok so I guess now the way to go would be converting it to work since nothing else seems to have worked lol.
Old 01-05-2018, 03:17 PM   #27
reeseman44
QualityCarts

Club Car

Gentleman, I have officially given up on the donor vglide. Can one of you please kindly direct me which I should buys, and a cheap place to get one? Ill be lucky to break even on this darn headache of a cart as it is. Thank you.
Old 01-05-2018, 05:22 PM   #28
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeseman44 View Post
Gentleman, I have officially given up on the donor vglide. Can one of you please kindly direct me which I should buys, and a cheap place to get one? Ill be lucky to break even on this darn headache of a cart as it is. Thank you.
Without knowing exactly which controller you have on your cart, neither myself, nor Sergio can tell you which V-Glide or MCOR you need to buy to control it. Did you see if you could find a model number of the controller? If you can post pictures of it that will help too. Post a picture of the side where all the terminals are and a picture of the plate on the other side with all the numbers on it. If you can't post them here, text them to 706-836-7210 and I'll post them for you. I have some series wire harnesses in a box if we need to dig that deep. We'll figure this out.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 01:36 PM   #29
reeseman44
QualityCarts

Club Car

Thanks buddy before I have you go through all that I'm gonna have a friend come over he has another V glide that we can use to test I will report the results I appreciate all your help
Old 01-25-2018, 12:46 AM   #30
reeseman44
QualityCarts

Club Car

Rebuilt the vglide today, got 0k pedal up, 5k pedal all the way down. Controller is black. I think we may have a match! Batteries going back it it tmoro. Hopefully it doesn't smash thru my wall again lol
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car