lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-23-2018, 11:24 AM   #1
mlanierjr
Getting Wild

Default Battery Charger-Maintainer-Desulfator

Any one have any experience with one these Charger-Maintainer-Desulfator

Pro's con's
Thanks
mlanierjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2018, 11:57 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery Charger-Maintainer-Desulfator

It all looks good until I read 3a maximum output. It is well known throughout the battery industry that the bulk charge rate should equal 10% of the battery capacity which averages 200ah for 6v and 180ah for 8v and 150ah for 12v batteries... consequently any charge significantly lower than 10% will leave the heavy elements on the bottom of the cells. Over time this separation is going to cause early failure.

Low amperage chargers cost much less to manufacture than higher capacity chargers. That simple fact and the fact that people are constantly looking at price first is the reason you see so many cheap chargers on ebay etc.

I think this would be a nice charger with a higher output.
But like the higher priced Lester Summit series there are other alternatives which do a darn fine job for less.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 04:05 PM   #3
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Battery Charger-Maintainer-Desulfator

It's a good unit. I use that exact unit (slightly older model) to maintain my cart batteries over winter - BUT - I recharge after each round during golf season with my OEM Club Car (Big Amp) charger. So the batteries see big amps to recharge, and small amps to "idle/protect" them during long, cold storage. In spring, I also use the big charger at least once or twice before the first round - to equalize the pack.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car