lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-17-2018, 06:11 AM   #1
wbhess
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2003 PDS 36v to 48

Currently running 6 newish 6v batteries with an alltrax xct500 controller and admiral b2 motor. Torque is much better than stock but the speed is only 18-19. Can I add a good 12v golf cart battery to my pack or would it have to be 2 6v batteries? Also, I have a 48v charger for my club car and was wondering if they make plug adapters for different model carts?

Last question what would need changed if I went 48v? I have a voltage reducer that runs head/tail lights and under body neons..I didnt install it and am not sure if its 36v-12 reducer.
wbhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-17-2018, 08:53 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2003 PDS 36v to 48

The cart should be going more than 18-19 mph.
Can you use the Toolkit software to save a monitor file and share it with us?
If yes include some hard starts uphill and wide open on the flat runs.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 12:44 PM   #3
VanillaXtract
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

If you're wanting to use one charger, the closest you can get is to use 2 6-volt batteries that are the same model. They won't have the same wear, so they will drain and charge differently.

To do what you're stating, disconnect the 12V when you charge and charge the 36V pack as you currently do and charge the 12V with a separate 12V charger.

I have a 2002 PDS. With the stock motor, XCT500, and 23" tires I was going about 18. With 48V and the B2 I hit 31. Like scottyb implied, there is something going on with your setup that is causing you to not have full speed. Did you use the B2 map with your XCT?

Most voltage reducers have variable voltage input. You'll need to get the model number off of it to get the specifics.
VanillaXtract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 04:47 PM   #4
wbhess
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

As far as the toolkit software goes, I do not know how to do any of that stuff. I figured the shop that installed it would have gotten it correct the first time. As I said in an earlier thread, Scotty B programmed the controller to 80% for use with the stock moter. I asked the shop that did the install to up the power since they talked me into a B2 motor upgrade.

After about an hour of cruising around with my LED light kit and underbody lights on my pack was at 37.4v the next day. That was after driving around with 4 200lb guys on the cart..all off road and up a large grass hill.

The torque is a huge improvement over stock..before I was barely able to make it up the same hill with only 2 people on it..

I tried downloading the alltrax software on my hp chromebook but for some reason it says its not compatible with my computer. I then tried to download it on my wifes laptop and it was a ZIP file...I am not at all tech savy so I dont know what to do. I couldnt even find a place on my controller to plug in a USB.

Unfortunately I have almost 5k into the cart and I'd love to get this cart running how I want it..
wbhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 06:52 PM   #5
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The download of the toolkit should be pretty straightforward. I’m not tech savvy enough either to know why you couldn’t get it. As far as hooking up to the controller, mine uses a cord that has usb on one end and another type of plug on the other end. I don’t know what it’s called, but it’s the same thing that hooks up your printer to your computer.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO