lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2019, 11:55 PM   #11
dhartung02
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: RXV charger amps

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
22 Amps is fine, it'll bulk charge faster. They are basing that assumed limit on the wire guage of the charge port wires. What they fail to take into account is the very short wire length, as compared to UL ratings, which are rated at much longer wire lengths for acceptable voltage drop.

Most bulk charge profiles are the same, shove all the current the batteries will want, until a voltage setpoint is reached. It's after the bulk charge is where charge profiles will differ between brands. As long as it is set for the battery you are charging, and the charger is good, you'll be OK. A 13 Amp charger however, will not stir the electrolyte enough to ensure a long life. So whomever told you that would be good for an RXV is not correct! It would shorten the life of the batteries. The minimum you could get by with is around 17 Amps, and that is for the four 12V battery configuration RXV. It would really need about 18 Amps for a decent pack of six 8V batteries in an RXV. It's that close... As the batteries age, charger performance is what determines how well they age!

Wow - i just got 6x8v batteries to do the conversion and was about to purchase a new charger. I was looking at the Lester Summit II but it looks like it may not be up to task.
dhartung02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-05-2019, 07:57 AM   #12
OttyFields
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhartung02 View Post
Wow - i just got 6x8v batteries to do the conversion and was about to purchase a new charger. I was looking at the Lester Summit II but it looks like it may not be up to task.
The Lester Summit Series 1050W will work great for you.
OttyFields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 10:38 PM   #13
dhartung02
Not Yet Wild

Dang - i had a hot lead on a brand new Lester Summit 650 and was hoping it would be a good charger for my 6x8v batter pack. The 1050 is a good amount more money lol
Old 04-07-2019, 11:23 PM   #14
dhartung02
Not Yet Wild

I went ahead and got the Lester Summit II 650w. I was able to pickup a new one for $175 and just couldnt pass it up. Hopefully it will treat my new batteries good :)
Old 04-08-2019, 10:19 AM   #15
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

"I just found out it won't be enough power, so I bought one. Sure hope it's enough power."

Sometimes I just don't know....
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 02:24 PM   #16
dhartung02
Not Yet Wild

It is slightly more amps that the stock SC-48 charger that came with the cart. It did well enough on my T-1275 batteries - except that it didnt have a float mode.

There also doesnt seem to be a solid unanimous consensus around the Lester's 650w support for a 48v pack.

I made a cost based decision - the price was sweet - and its better than what i have. If I had infinite resources i would have paid the 2x price but made a concession that this would be good enough - although not perfect.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO