lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-15-2018, 08:21 PM   #11
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 4x4 conversion kits ?

I bought directly from Scott at Axle inc, as said incredibly nice fella. However they make trans for several manufacturers and don’t really deal with direct to consumer much so don’t expect a website or instructions. Not that it’s needed if you have any idea what’s going on.

The trans has synchros so you “can” shift-up from low to high on the fly but I don’t think you can (or should) shift from high to low. I’ve never had the need to even try it. In my head Low range was for off road crawling and High gear was gonna be for the hard pack dirt roads, but high is just too fast for me with 25’s & my motor so now I leave it in low all the time.

If I had anything to do over I would see if it were possible to get an even lower low gear & high gear just to slow things down a bit more for my off road through the woods riding. And check if they had an IRS version. I think it would be cool to have IRS with inboard disk brakes. Not so much for performance of unsprung weight but more so that I could run nice big brakes inboard and still run the little wheels and big tire sidewalls I prefer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UncleJerm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2018, 04:19 PM   #12
Medic5561
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Ok so I finally got back to my cart and found the yr it's 1996 and need to lift it first any lift recommendations?
Medic5561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 04:26 PM   #13
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

I wouldn't lift it first. Think about it.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 04:49 PM   #14
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 4x4 conversion kits ?

The Axle inc setup I mentioned earlier builds in a 4-5’ish lift in the rear. If you buy their 4x4 kit it lifts the front also

so you’ll be done with both the 4x4 and the lift in one fell swoop, and a lot less if you do it all at once.

You’ll be wasting your money if you buy a lift kit now and then decide to go 4x4 later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UncleJerm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 01:23 PM   #15
Zacrowsl
Not Yet Wild

Complete Newbie here. But I'm considering my options. I'm looking to build a hunting cart and would like a little more torque for iffy situation. It sounds like the 2 speed limited slip setup from renegade would work perfectly. My question is how would this compare to a navitas conversion with the on the fly controls? Thanks for any and all help
Zacrowsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car