lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-15-2018, 11:54 AM   #1
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default HD Troubleshooting

This just happened. I pulled the cart out of my wife's garage and pulled up to my garage to grab some tools. When I got back on the cart, nothing. No click. No movement. Nothing. I've done serious HD upgrades to this 1990 CC DS. Alltrax SR48500, 400A solenoid, HD F/R contactor, 2ga cables, lithium pack, electronic pedal, etc.

I've checked all connections.
I've checked the fuse from the key switch to the pedal. There's power from the key switch to the fuse and the fuse is good.
I've checked voltage to the + side of the solenoid (58.4v).
I've checked voltage from B- to B+ on the Alltrax (57.2v). Shouldn't this be 0 unless the pedal is pressed?
I checked for voltage on the blue wire from the pedal with the pedal pressed (0v). Shouldn't this get pack voltage?

What else should I check? She was running GREAT until 30 minutes ago.

Thanks in advance for the help.
fsu1tm is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-15-2018, 02:41 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: HD Troubleshooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu1tm View Post
This just happened. I pulled the cart out of my wife's garage and pulled up to my garage to grab some tools. When I got back on the cart, nothing. No click. No movement. Nothing. I've done serious HD upgrades to this 1990 CC DS. Alltrax SR48500, 400A solenoid, HD F/R contactor, 2ga cables, lithium pack, electronic pedal, etc.

I've checked all connections.
I've checked the fuse from the key switch to the pedal. There's power from the key switch to the fuse and the fuse is good.
I've checked voltage to the + side of the solenoid (58.4v). What about from the other side from solenoid to the controller?
I've checked voltage from B- to B+ on the Alltrax (57.2v). Shouldn't this be 0 unless the pedal is pressed?
This is battery voltage, and is correct.
I checked for voltage on the blue wire from the pedal with the pedal pressed (0v). Shouldn't this get pack voltage?

What else should I check? She was running GREAT until 30 minutes ago.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Do you have Alltrax's diagnostic software? Seems like you're missing key input to the controller maybe so it's not turning on. Should be able to check that pretty easy either with the laptop, or by checking key input voltage at the controller.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 03:03 PM   #3
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

Laptop sees Alltrax. Monitor tab reports voltage at 56.8.
Old 11-15-2018, 04:46 PM   #4
HaulnA$$
Getting Wild
Club Car

The blue wire should get pack voltage with the key switched on. Check the key switch.
HaulnA$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 04:52 PM   #5
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaulnA$$ View Post
The blue wire should get pack voltage with the key switched on. Check the key switch.
Thanks, Haul. I did. I have one of ScottyB's electronic pedals. I checked that I have pack voltage going from key switch to the pedal but nothing coming out when the pedal is pressed. I've emailed ScottyB for assistance with the pedal.
Old 11-15-2018, 04:55 PM   #6
HaulnA$$
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu1tm View Post
Thanks, Haul. I did. I have one of ScottyB's electronic pedals. I checked that I have pack voltage going from key switch to the pedal but nothing coming out when the pedal is pressed. I've emailed ScottyB for assistance with the pedal.
Aha! Good deal. I’m sure ScottyB will fix you up. He did me right with my 48V conversion.
HaulnA$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car