lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2018, 07:05 PM   #21
Roxyflash
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 1995 DS 48v series cart. I知e stumped?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anziosaint View Post
Ok, I unhooked the small yellow wire from the small post. Hooked a length of wire from that disconnected yellow wire and ran the other end of that length to the pack negative terminal. I got nothing. Placed it in forward with key on and depressed the gas pedal..... nothing. No activation of the selanoid?
Ok do you have a volt meter you ran the jump wire from negative to the small stud on solenoid correct?Turn on cart then put it in forward push the throttle you should have pack voltage on the other small terminal on solenoid you should also have pack voltage on the big terminal on solenoid.When it clicks in you should have pack voltage on both big terminals on solenoid.
Roxyflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-02-2018, 07:12 PM   #22
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

He's got a resistor on it so both sides (big) will read pack voltage.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 07:16 PM   #23
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Unhook the batteries. Take the solenoid out. Run a small wire from pack + and -. take the naked solenoid and touch each wire to one of the small posts.
Old 12-02-2018, 07:18 PM   #24
anziosaint
Gone Wild

Roxy, I’me getting mixed messages? Your last post is telling me to run a jumper from the solenoid small post to the pack negative and Mooncarter is describing for me to connect a jumper from the small yellow wire that I disconnected from the small post and run that jumper to the pack negative. I truly a ppreciate the help and just want to get it right. So when it is set up right I should have a length of “jumper” wire connecting the pack negative terminal to the solenoid small post that the small yellow wire WAS connected to before unhooking that wire from the solenoid. That yellow wire should be left hanging there disconnected correct?
anziosaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 07:26 PM   #25
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Take the yellow small wire off and get out of the way. Tape the end off and forget about it. Run another and different wire from the post where small yellow was to pack neg.
Old 12-02-2018, 07:26 PM   #26
Roxyflash
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by anziosaint View Post
Roxy, I’me getting mixed messages? Your last post is telling me to run a jumper from the solenoid small post to the pack negative and Mooncarter is describing for me to connect a jumper from the small yellow wire that I disconnected from the small post and run that jumper to the pack negative. I truly a ppreciate the help and just want to get it right. So when it is set up right I should have a length of “jumper” wire connecting the pack negative better terminal to the solenoid small post that the small yellow wire WAS connected to befor unhooking that wire from the solenoid. That yellow should be left hanging there disconnected correct?
Ok in a nut shell the two small terminals on solenoid are the coil wires that turn the solenoid on.One small terminal is negative the other is positive.When you put in in forward the micro switch turns on power to the micro switch on the foot feed which is getting power from key switch.the yellow wire comes from the obc the reason to jump it from the battery eliminates the obc.You can leave the jump wire on the solenoid leaving the yellow wire unhooked.If it don’t turn on the solenoid jump the other small terminal that has the diode with stripe to positive battery pack it should make the solenoid close.just use a jumper wire with alligator clamp for the positive test clamp on battery positive just touch the other small terminal to test
Roxyflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 07:29 PM   #27
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

But, now that you have run 48 volts through the neg of the OBC I don't know what could have happened. So take the solenoid out and test it. Let's go from there.
Old 12-02-2018, 07:31 PM   #28
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Duplicate....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 07:32 PM   #29
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

MC was describing a way to test the solenoid for operation. Here is a detailed explanation/procedure. Cart jacked up, key On, FNR Lever in Fwd, and pedal depressed) Take your DVM and run the red probe to the Main Pack Pos and then the black probe to the small post with the yellow wire on it. (small post - not the big post with the yellow cable) and see if you get pack voltage (If not, the OBC is bad and you lost the Neg). If so, move your black probe over to the Main Pack Neg and the red probe to the other small post on the solenoid which also has a small red wire. With the key On, FNR in Fwd and Go Pedal depressed, you should get pack voltage (If not, you lost one of those inputs listed above and need to trace back and find the culprit).

Since you already replaced the solenoid and the MS on the pot, you are more than likely missing an input. If not, and yo uhave both the 48v + & - inputs, it can only be a faulty (new) solenoid.
Old 12-02-2018, 07:35 PM   #30
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

And the reason your cart is moving an inch or two as you describe is because your capacitors are charged in your controller....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car