lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-29-2018, 01:02 PM   #1
estates_carts
Not Yet Wild

Default New Western (EZGO) brakes not adjusting after replacement

Hi I just got a new to me Western cart and I'm working on getting it up and going. It has a 42v system, new batteries and cables, and REAAAALLLY garbage brakes. So I took it all apart, and the drums look fine, the shoes look old and cracked. I got some new shoes, cleaned everything up with some brake cleaner, and put it all back together.

The auto adjust star wheels don't seem to be doing their job. Maybe I don't understand how they work, but I thought as I stepped on the brakes they should advance in adjusting the screw out until it reaches some level of perfection. I manually adjusted them out a bit until I could still get the drum cover back on so I have at least minimal braking now.

The pedal feel is ok, the cables seem to be adjusted well. What am I missing?
estates_carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-29-2018, 02:25 PM   #2
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: New Western (EZGO) brakes not adjusting after replacement

Had similar problem after I cleaned up and replaced my brakes.
Make sure cables and compensator are correctly adjusted along with correct pedal free play and travel. Doing these adjustments helped but also led me to find passenger side brake cable not fully releasing after releasing brake.that was causing that brake not to self adjust.😊
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO