lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-01-2019, 11:05 AM   #1
jeubank3
Not Yet Wild

Default 36v DPI charger amps pulsing

Sorry, autocorrect messed up my title. Should read DPI, not "doing"

I have a 36v ezgo from 2001. Performance had been sluggish, and I found that corrosion had eaten through a couple cable terminals, almost completely. Local shop had a couple of spare cables from another customer's upgrade that they gave me. They are 6awg, whereas my cables are 4awg. I'm selling my house, and the cart is going with it, so I'm not looking to upgrade the whole set, so I figured that would be fine. Cleaned everything up and tested the batteries. All were within .15v of each other, in the 6.05 to 6.2 range. I trickle charged the two low ones to get them up with the others. Rode the cart around for a couple days and it is noticeably better than before.

This morning I hooked up the doing accusemse charger and it reads as normal, but when it starts charging, the amps don't pick up to a steady 20 as normal. Instead, they pulse, about twice per second, between 5 and 10 amps. I unwored the bats and tested, and now three different batteries are lower than the rest, by about .25v. Started the 1st on the 6v trickle charger now.

Anyone got any insight on this pulsing charger issue?
I tried searching for this on here briefly, but didn't come up with anything, and my google-** has failed me.

Thanks,
James

Last edited by jeubank3; 01-01-2019 at 11:07 AM.. Reason: Error in title
jeubank3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO