lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-20-2019, 05:33 PM   #1
Hawk1
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Throttle response

My cart is most stock, controller and motor does have larger tires. I have upgraded to larger wires.
When I step on the pedal my acceleration is slow, My guess normal. If I wanted better response would a new controller help or is it always going to be like that.
Some have said they can spin the tires, mine for sure wont do that unless on wet grass.
My guess is normal but just asking, last time I had cart looked at guy said it has speed 4 but im not sure, tops out at 18mph.
Hawk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-20-2019, 06:35 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Throttle response

Sepex or Series cart?

Power is generally felt most with amperage which is in the controller. Speed Code 4 is associated with Sepex carts, primarily IQ/Excels.

If you want speed with a Series, a motor is needed. With a Sepex you can gain speed and power with a controller.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 07:51 PM   #3
Hawk1
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

it is a IQ I believe 2002 with a tow switch.
Old 01-20-2019, 11:23 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk1 View Post
it is a IQ I believe 2002 with a tow switch.
Then your assumption is correct. When you went to the taller tires you robbed some of your torque. SP4 is just an RPM limitation and does nothing for torque. Get you an XCT controller and wake that machine up to what you want and need.

The XCT300 is a bolt on replacement and you get 350 peak amps (torque), and upper 20's with a strong pack and 22" tires. https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/p...roller-300-amp

If you are wanting more down the road, go with the XCT500 and it can be tuned for your stock configuration now, and then tuned up more as you upgrade down the road. All you need is a laptop PC and cable. https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/p...roller-500-amp

Packages https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/u...-packages-dsiq
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 10:01 PM   #5
Hawk1
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Ill have to save up for that, Just use the cart on the weekends at the campgrounds. Just would like a bit more getup, there is suposto be a 10mph but we all know that is flexable :)
Old 01-22-2019, 11:02 AM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Keep in mind that with your 2002 model DS, equipped with the GE motor, you're going to have to replace the motor if you order a controller of 400 amps or bigger. The GE motor can't handle the big controllers.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car