lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-10-2019, 08:29 PM   #21
Courtlandjs
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2002 - TXT Curtis 300 controller - to Alltrax upgrade wiring help

Where in South Carolina are you located?
Courtlandjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-11-2019, 09:10 AM   #22
bighanded
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtlandjs View Post
Where in South Carolina are you located?
Rock Hill...but happy to travel a bit to find a shop that is willing to help..and there's more work I'd like to have done to the cart so hopefully would make it worthwhile for someone.

thanks

Ed
bighanded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 09:58 AM   #23
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighanded View Post
Rock Hill...but happy to travel a bit to find a shop that is willing to help..and there's more work I'd like to have done to the cart so hopefully would make it worthwhile for someone.

thanks

Ed
Ed, post a couple pics of how you got it wired and you’ll get fixed up quick. No closeups, people can zoom in as needed, but make sure you can see all of the wiring in the picture. Honestly, you’ll get it done.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 02:27 PM   #24
Courtlandjs
Gone Wild
Club Car

Bighanded I'm in Moncks Corner. Check your messages
Courtlandjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 02:35 PM   #25
bighanded
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeman6 View Post
Ed, post a couple pics of how you got it wired and you’ll get fixed up quick. No closeups, people can zoom in as needed, but make sure you can see all of the wiring in the picture. Honestly, you’ll get it done.
was running out of day...did not have the presence of mind to take pics of the Alltrax all cabled up...just tore it back out and reinstalled the old Curtis and confirmed all was working and called it a day..the cart gets used almost daily..didn't want to leave it nonfunctional.

I'll go over what I had connected and send over a note with all wiring..but I'm thinking it's something in addition..a better direction switch on the dash?, something in the throttle pedal?...just don't know...hoping to hook up with someone like Courtland that have experience...everything is probably so straightforward and I'm likely closer than I realize to success...anyway...except for changing out the plug ends on P1/P2...a physical swap out now is probably 30 minutes...having done it twice already (grin)...so maybe more homework on my part, calming down a bit, and another weekend to come.
Old 02-16-2019, 03:08 PM   #26
bighanded
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Success !!
first...want to say thanks to all the great folks on this forum offering up helpa and encouragement... and particularly to Courtlands for being willing to have me bring my rig down to him for some hands on help...but fortunately 3rd time was the charm and didn't need to leave my own garage to get this done....
A special call-out to JC at CartsZone..which is where I originally purchased the Alltrax.. JC was willing to take his Saturday and give me a courtesy call to make sure I wasn't doing anything stupid (at least not this time)...
I had it all almost completely installed by the time he rang my phone...but it was very comforting to be able to review with him before I put power to the rig. The Cartszone folks have been great to do biz with.

so...road test...

I'm pleased with the increased torque..kinda fun to feel the front end rise up when you put the juice to it.
First test ride found the speed limiter set to on by default...but other than that, the std settings felt good... hooked up the laptop and the app recognized the controller promptly...turned off the speed limiter, tweaked the regen a hair to help my wife's braking comfort level...back out onto the street clocking at 23.8mph...there's only so much motor there .. I get that...so on a bit of an incline..it doesn't hold the top speed as well as I'd like, but the off-road climbing torque..yeah.. .got me what I was hoping for from an old 2002 ezgo.

bout all that's left now is some turn signal (street legal kit).. as we have a couple places later this summer that we'll want to not get tangled with the law...I'm in SC..so we already have it titled/insured/and sticker from DMV..but only head/tail lights..no turn signal/horn etc...easy nuff.. i had already added a flood LED bar, underbody LED lighting,, stereo etc on a sepeate 12v marine battery and all the switches..easy stuff... was just choking on the controller install..and yeah, now that i've done it.. you guys are right...it's a relaxed hour down and up..given you have to change out a few cable ends

Ed
Old 02-16-2019, 07:42 PM   #27
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Success !!
first...want to say thanks to all the great folks on this forum offering up helpa and encouragement... and particularly to Courtlands for being willing to have me bring my rig down to him for some hands on help...but fortunately 3rd time was the charm and didn't need to leave my own garage to get this done....
A special call-out to JC at CartsZone..which is where I originally purchased the Alltrax.. JC was willing to take his Saturday and give me a courtesy call to make sure I wasn't doing anything stupid (at least not this time)...
I had it all almost completely installed by the time he rang my phone...but it was very comforting to be able to review with him before I put power to the rig. The Cartszone folks have been great to do biz with.

so...road test...

I'm pleased with the increased torque..kinda fun to feel the front end rise up when you put the juice to it.
First test ride found the speed limiter set to on by default...but other than that, the std settings felt good... hooked up the laptop and the app recognized the controller promptly...turned off the speed limiter, tweaked the regen a hair to help my wife's braking comfort level...back out onto the street clocking at 23.8mph...there's only so much motor there .. I get that...so on a bit of an incline..it doesn't hold the top speed as well as I'd like, but the off-road climbing torque..yeah.. .got me what I was hoping for from an old 2002 ezgo.

bout all that's left now is some turn signal (street legal kit).. as we have a couple places later this summer that we'll want to not get tangled with the law...I'm in SC..so we already have it titled/insured/and sticker from DMV..but only head/tail lights..no turn signal/horn etc...easy nuff.. i had already added a flood LED bar, underbody LED lighting,, stereo etc on a sepeate 12v marine battery and all the switches..easy stuff... was just choking on the controller install..and yeah, now that i've done it.. you guys are right...it's a relaxed hour down and up..given you have to change out a few cable ends

Ed
You're crippling the controller by turning the speed limiter off. Motor RPM is used to mitigate the field mapping for low end torque and for top speed as well as controlling the amount regen braking. (Adjusts Field Amps amps vs RPM to produce about the same amount of braking through the RPM spectrum)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 10:28 AM   #28
bighanded
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
You're crippling the controller by turning the speed limiter off. Motor RPM is used to mitigate the field mapping for low end torque and for top speed as well as controlling the amount regen braking. (Adjusts Field Amps amps vs RPM to produce about the same amount of braking through the RPM spectrum)
wow..thanks Johnnie...I'll look forward to getting back out to the garage and reconnecting the laptop and learning more...

you are a huge huge resource on this forum...

Ed
Old 02-18-2019, 01:00 PM   #29
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
wow..thanks Johnnie...I'll look forward to getting back out to the garage and reconnecting the laptop and learning more...

you are a huge huge resource on this forum...

Ed
My philosophy is to groom the setup for maximum energy efficiency of the components installed and then RPM limit to max desired speed and make adjustments to the various max amps sliders and throttle curves to match the desires and comfort level of the driver. If the is more than one driver, more than one user profile is needed and the XCT offers that option.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 01:53 PM   #30
Out2Sea
Gone Wild

Two questions:

First, what was wrong that you got right?

Second , could you explain this statement, as in how so?

“at...so on a bit of an incline..it doesn't hold the top speed as well as I'd like”
Out2Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO