lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-18-2019, 02:55 PM   #31
bighanded
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2002 - TXT Curtis 300 controller - to Alltrax upgrade wiring help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out2Sea View Post
Two questions:

First, what was wrong that you got right?

Second , could you explain this statement, as in how so?

“at...so on a bit of an incline..it doesn't hold the top speed as well as I'd like”
Hi Out2Sea....
I wish now that I had taken a pic of the alltrax when I had it installed and not working.. it had been a late day and I simply pulled it all apart and reinstalled the old Curtis so I'd know we'd have a working cart until I could get back around to it...best guess is I had the resistor jumped backwards and I also recalled that I had mounted the B+ pigtail to the solenoid (the way it was on the old one) rather than doubling up on the controller post as shown in the diagram...who knows... I coulda wired the whole dang thing backwards coming off the solenoid...sorry I don't have a confirmable answer.

but I'll concur with the other guys..now NOW that I have been through it correctly, it's a piece of cake and about 45 minutes down and up including plug end changes needed.

as to loss of speed on hill...as Johnnie says...there's a lot of science involved and I need to analyze and tweak some more. I have 23inch tires..so not a pavement queen, but great to have the clearance on my property which is where it sees 85% of it's service.
I'm going to connect the laptop to monitor while driving and see how healthy everything looks.
the batteries are 2018s
I still want to upgrade to 2ga cables..about to make that spend.
I do not currently have turbo on and it's set to turf not street.
I'll reset to speed limit and I believe my rpms are currently set to 6,000..
if reality is that the cart, with 2 well fed adults is going to drop from 20 down to 12mph on a mild incline drive..then so be it...at some point you have to just put a reasonability limit..this was an old 2002 used cart..with cosmetics upgrades to make it family friendly campground and property trail riding..rear seat with foot ramp and fold out bench...weight....12volt marine battery for accessories...weight...2 adults and 4 grandkids...weight..big knobby tires...full length roof...you get the idea.
I am completely happy with the offroad torque now..the alltrax upgrade was worth it for that reason alone. I have one particular camp ground we will be visiting (annually) this coming June...and the paved road from our camper site over to the cabins where the family reunion meets as well as down to the lake swim area...offers some hills that make you huff n puff walking.. i can only imagine what a loaded up golf car is going to experience..no doubt it'll make the climb..there's plenty of torque..it's just a matter of speed drop...but again.. and I'm rambling...I need to put the laptop on the seat next to me...do some cruising, make some adjustments in toolkit , pump up the tires, upgrade cables, and then just be happy with what it is...
bighanded is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-18-2019, 04:47 PM   #32
Out2Sea
Gone Wild

Out2Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 01:39 PM   #33
bighanded
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

final log report - upgraded to 2ga cables this weekend.

All the toque I could hope for offroad from the Alltrax 48400 into 36v, absolutely happy.

onroad - top speed level ground 24mph (ok, 23.
long mild incline that used to drag the cart down to about 10ish mph, now solid holding at 15 with 2 adults thanks I think in large part to the cables

Alltrax toolkit app easy as can be

All expectations met or exceeded.

So once again, my thanks to all the great folks on this forum...road test report complete and a 10 score all around !
Ed
Old 03-17-2019, 10:39 PM   #34
Rsalinas3
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I hope I have better luck I have a 2001 ezgo pds and I will be ordering the Alltrax controller tomorrow morning! I hope I can get my cart going!
Rsalinas3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 12:30 PM   #35
bighanded
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

be encouraged...they guys on this forum are ready to help.

I take full blame for my frustration...I got into a project that I was unfamiliar with...basic directions I think sort of assume some basic knowledge of cart wiring, etc..and I had to come up to speed on even the most basic terms, wiring and concepts.
Now that I've been through it... these guys are correct...you can pull the old and wire up the new in an hour.. so I've gone from a guy who never owned a cart 6 months ago, to having done the simple underbody light kits, street legal kit, amp controller/solenoid upgrade and battery cables to 2ga...enjoying the performance improvement and that little sense of pride in having done it in my own garage...(small as that may seem for most guys on here..it was an accomplishment for me)

looking forward to your good report on your upgrade.

Ed
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO