lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-08-2019, 10:01 AM   #11
stonewolf2009
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 99 club car killing batteries

Sorry i was gone for a few days, family emergency. The only "extras" hooked on to the pack are for the headlights. The pack that was in the photo is the third pack that has gone bad, in less than a year. Im trying to figure out what is causing it. Boss wont order batteries until i find the cause.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk
stonewolf2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-08-2019, 10:03 AM   #12
stonewolf2009
Not Yet Wild

Cart in question has been left on charge for the last two days i will go back and take a reading.

Old 03-08-2019, 10:09 AM   #13
stonewolf2009
Not Yet Wild

54.6 is the reading well after 12 hours after the charger turned off.

Old 03-08-2019, 10:28 AM   #14
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonewolf2009 View Post
54.6 is the reading well after 12 hours after the charger turned off.
You have the wrong type batteries or a bad meter. 54.6 is impossible for a FLA battery without a surface charge being present. 50.93 if fully charged, not uncommon to get mid to high 51's with certain batteries. But 54.6v is 2.275v/cell...

You may have a charger cooking your batteries, but that cell voltage is still way too high....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 10:43 AM   #15
stonewolf2009
Not Yet Wild

Well, not so sure its the charger. The cart in question is a work cart. Ran 5 days a week ,8 hours a day. Every time t gf e pack failed, i gave him another cart to use. That cart went on the same charger and isnt killing that pack.

Old 03-08-2019, 11:11 AM   #16
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonewolf2009 View Post
Well, not so sure its the charger. The cart in question is a work cart. Ran 5 days a week ,8 hours a day. Every time t gf e pack failed, i gave him another cart to use. That cart went on the same charger and isnt killing that pack.
I think you missed my point and ran with the possibility. It is theoretically impossible to carry 2.275v/cell and not ruin it over time. Need to focus there....
Old 03-08-2019, 11:31 AM   #17
stonewolf2009
Not Yet Wild

I do tend to miss a few points on here. I have no clue what im doing most days. The cart mechanic got let go, and they made me the new mechanic. So if the charger is cooking batteries, why hasnt it done the same to the replacement cart? (Both carts being club car ds) Wouldnt i see or have similar issues on the other cart?

Old 03-08-2019, 11:38 AM   #18
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

But your problem lies within the batteries or charger. Try swapping the packs around, but if you are using it 8hrs/day-5days/wk, then those old batteries are not going to last anytime. You cannot troubleshoot a voltage problem with a bad pack.

Swap the packs around between the two carts if need be, but that one looks in very poor condition pack wise for a maintenance cart.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:40 AM   #19
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

That 54.6 volts, is it with the charger hooked it. You need to check voltage 12 hours after you unhook charger. Don't use the cart any in the 12 hours while you wait to check the voltage.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 08:30 PM   #20
stonewolf2009
Not Yet Wild

I found the problem, after many many months. It ended up be a wire connection going to the controller. The wire was good, and ring connecter was in good shape, but it just felt a little loose. I cut tge wire back, crimped a new end hooked it back up. The cart came back to life, and will go a day and half use on one charge. Crazy how many times i thought i had figured out. But came down to something like that. Thanks for all the advice.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car