lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2019, 01:10 PM   #1
MtnCart
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default RXV owner- need help to reprogram my Delta-Q QuiQ charger

Hi. This is my first post after years of just reading and loving this forum! I am usually able to solve my RXV problems by just searching this wealth of knowledge. But, I couldn't find an answer to my specific problem this time....so I have a request. And hopefully, this will help others dealing with this same issue....

Specifically, I am looking for someone (a private individual or golf cart repair service shop) nearbyish to Asheville, NC who has the Programmer-CT tool. I'm trying to NOT spend the $225 to buy my own which I will use only once for a few minutes! Here is a picture of the unit:

I've called all the (MANY) golf cart dealers/service shops withing a 2 hour radius and surprisingly, no one has it to do this job for me!

So, I'm putting the call out here to see if anyone has one or knows a place that does. I'm happy to pay someone a fee to reprogram my charger, OR I'd be happy to rent it from you and do it myself. Of course, I'd give you a refundable deposit in addition to your reasonable rental fee. The online video and instructions for programming look fairly simple.

If you would like to know why I need to reprogram the charger or want to learn about the process then read on....

I have a Delta-Q QuiQ charger and need to change the Charging Profile because I just got new batteries (different type/manufacturer) which require a specific Charging Profile. I'm sure most of you here already know why, but to help others learn, I'll will include my own newly learned details of how these chargers work.

From what I have learned, every type of battery is most efficiently charged according to its own specific Charging Profile (which is a set of instructions or Algorithm) The QuiQ charger has 10 memory slots which can each store a different Charge Profile. There are actually hundreds of available Charge Profiles, but only a maximum of 10 can actually be programmed/loaded into the charger. There is a very simply DIY process anyone can do which the manufacturer calls "The Tap Method" for choosing which of the 10 loaded Charge Profiles becomes the chosen default that is used automatically every time you plug the charger into the golf cart. Well, I found out the hard way that my charger only had one Charge Profile loaded in the memory bank. So tap, tap, tap away as I did, I could not get the unit to scroll through its 10 memory slots. And frustratingly, under these conditions, there is no indication to let you know if you are scrolling through slots or even if a slot is empty or loaded, so I just repeated the process several times. I thought it was malfunctioning when Algorithm#38 refused to "leave" and let me find and choose Alg#1 instead. Well, I finally emailed the manufacturer who promptly responded that the reason was because there is only one Charge Profile loaded into my unit- Alg#38.....and to load new Charge Profiles, one needs the Programmer-CT....which no one local seems to have....

Got one?

Ok, well thank you all for helping create such a valuable database!
MtnCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2019, 09:09 PM   #2
MEWISEMAGIC
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: RXV owner- need help to reprogram my Delta-Q QuiQ charger

I don't have this interface but I wanted to thank you for the education on how the Delta-Q chargers hold charge profiles! Nicely written.....thanks and good luck finding this.
MEWISEMAGIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 11:15 AM   #3
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

My delta does’nt have that USB port on it to use programmer.
In my case when switching batteries, US from Trojans. They did use same profile according to response U S batteries gave me. new batteries have 170 amp hrs compared to Trojans that had160.
What brand, capacity are new batteries compared to those replaced? 😊
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 01:02 PM   #4
MtnCart
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks MEWISEMAGIC, I like to try to help others also. My favorite and most useful posts I've learned from in this and other forums are like that. I like to help that process along when I can.

Cobra1, wow...So I just checked my charger and guess what? IT DOESN'T HAVE A USB PORT EITHER! Dern. Now what.... When I was communicating with the lead tech at Delta-Q about my charge profiles, he told me I needed the Programmer tool. He knew the model charger I had, so I am clearly surprised and now befuddled. I guess its just an older version before they started putting in USB ports??? Anyway, I'm really glad you mentioned that so I could check! I guess I'm just in a pickle now. My charger had/has alg-#38 and he said I need alg-#1 to charge my 4 new Trojan T-1275's, hence my post about finding this Programmer tool that I see now would be useless even if I could find one.

I'll have to contact him again and see what he says. I'll keep y'all as to what he says...Hahahaha, the saga continues....
Old 05-11-2019, 01:18 PM   #5
MtnCart
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok. I was thinking about this and will need to get clarity. Maybe the USB port is only to connect the programmer to the laptop and then the communication to the Charger happens through the alligator clips to charging plug or something....
Old 05-11-2019, 01:32 PM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I know nothing about this, but looking at the pic, I agree. In addition to the alligator clips, there appears to be a Molex connector in the back to the left of the black box.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 03:18 PM   #7
MtnCart
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

If anyone owns or has used this programmer- can you confirm how it connects to the charger?
Old 05-11-2019, 05:20 PM   #8
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Why not contact the manufacturer? Sounds like others have? Email them what you have, what you need, and how to get there.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 07:08 PM   #9
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

What are your battery specs on new batteries compared to old batteries?
Profiles cover a wide range of manufacturers
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 02:57 PM   #10
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I have this programmer, and have used it lots. The USB is for the computer, the alligator clips go to the charger B+ & B- pins on the handle. This programmer has only worked for me on the QuiQ models, not the QE or SC-48 models.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
algorithm, charge profile, delta-q, quiq charger, reprogramming charger
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO