lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2019, 10:15 AM   #1
JustCarl
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2016 Club Car Precedent just jerks

I have installed the XCT 400 amp controller and when I try to start moving it just jerks and tries to go backwards when in forward and forward in reverse, changed the solenoid out no help.
JustCarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2019, 10:26 AM   #2
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2016 Club Car Precedent just jerks

down load the alltrax toolbox, simple issues, possibly just swapping F1 & F2. the jerking may be due to the MCOR the toolbox can help to verify if that is the issue. If needed contact who you bought it from for tech help.
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 10:38 AM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Yes, the F1/F2 cables need to be swapped at the controller. Then check the throttle in the Tool Kit to ensure it is set to your MCOR.

If it is then the problem is highly likely a bad MCOR.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 06:50 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

After you swap the F1 and F2 wires, your direction of travel will be fixed. Then we can address the jerky operation. This is either due to a bad MCOR or a bad speed sensor. It's most likely an MCOR issue. Open the Alltrax Toolkit, go to the monitor tab, with the key on and the F&R switch in neutral, move the accelerator and watch the throttle percentage on your computer screen. It should be a smooth constant motion between 0-100% throttle. If it's jumping around and not staying consistent, you'll need to replace the MCOR. If that looks good, you may have a speed sensor issue. The XCT is very violent when the speed sensors are intermittent. If the sensor is intermittent it causes lots of jerking. For instance, if you start to move and the speed sensor is monitoring motor RPM, but suddely stops and drops to Zero RPM, the cart will jerk and come to an abrupt stop. The Speed Sensor monitoring can be turned off for test purposes. Un-Check the box that says "Enable Speed Limit" and save your settings. If the issue is now resolved, replace your speed sensor and turn the speed monitoring back on, save your settings, and enjoy.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 09:08 PM   #5
JustCarl
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the information, sorry it took so long to reply, it's been one of those days. As soon as I posted it my internet & phone went down and just now came back up. I will try your suggestions in the morning and update my status.
Old 07-03-2019, 01:42 PM   #6
JustCarl
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Update swapped F1 and F2 and that fixed the travel issue, and went ahead and picked up a new MCOR and replaced it with no joy still just tries to move but won't go. Batteries are fully charged but cart is not working. Any thoughts?
Old 07-03-2019, 01:47 PM   #7
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Did you run the Alltrax Tool Kit and check the throttle and for Error Flags on the Monitor page?
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 02:01 PM   #8
JustCarl
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Update on jerking 2016 Club Car Precedent changed F1 & F2 that fixed the travel problem, and I when ahead and picked up a new MCOR and changed that out while I was at it, with no joy. When you step on the accelerator it tries to move but won't move forward or back. Batteries are fully charged I have the Alltrac XCT 400 controller and everything seem to be connected correctly.
Old 07-03-2019, 03:09 PM   #9
bobwalter
Not Yet Wild

Answer Nole’s question and I am sure he will continue to help you. Follow his directions. He knows what he is saying. Tahoe is the final word. Listen to those two and your cart will be well again.
bobwalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 06:01 PM   #10
JustCarl
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I did run Alltrax tool kit and did notice flags Shutdown and Precharge was highlighted and Low was checked and highlighted. But then again this the first time using it and I might not be looking in the right place. One other bit of information I jacked up the cart and tried to run it wheels up and if I push down on the accelerator the motor run real jerky but if I eased into it it would run slow but smooth. I have a new installed SW180 solenoid too.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car