lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2019, 03:21 PM   #21
JustCarl
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2016 Club Car Precedent just jerks

Ok checked out the cart with my Fluke digital voltmeter and I'm not getting the reading I was getting when it was hooked up to the computer, voltmeter stays pretty consistent at just over 50V. When it was hooked up to the Alltrax software it was going from the 50s to mid-30s So I'm thinking it's the controller when the cart shakes it cutting in and out. I have double and triple checked all the connections everything is tight that can be tightened.
JustCarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-05-2019, 03:24 PM   #22
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

The solenoid is the gateway to the controller and the cable is highway. Appears to be an issue in one of those two areas as the controller is not getting the voltage when the demand is there.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 03:40 PM   #23
JustCarl
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

The solenoid is a brand new one, and the cables look fine, but I know that don,t always mean anything short of replacing the cables is there any way of testing them?
Old 07-05-2019, 04:16 PM   #24
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

With all cables attached and the cart powered On, Attach voltmeter leads to each end of the cable. Apply a load (try to drive the cart) and see if the voltage reading goes up.
It should stay at or very near 0v. If it jumps UP when put under load it's because of resistance or internal problem in the cable.
Repeat for each battery cable as well as the main power and ground cables for the controller.

Another way you can test them out of the cart is to tug on each end. Sometimes a poorly crimped end will slide right off. If the cable feels stretchy, it could have a break somewhere in the middle inside the insulation.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 06:48 PM   #25
JustCarl
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok tested all the battery cables like you suggested all are 0 to 1.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Old 07-05-2019, 10:51 PM   #26
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Hook your meter Red probe to B+ and the Black probe to B- both at the controller with alligator clips. Now run to cart as normal with the DVM on the seat and the Tool Kit running on your laptop. See if the DVM mimics the dips you see on the Monitor screen.
Old 07-08-2019, 04:43 PM   #27
JustCarl
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok update on the Club Car, I finely took to a professional, and after checking it out said it was the solenoid, replaced it and it works great. So, the piece of crap solenoids "Golf Carts Unlimited" sell are "SW180 Heavy-duty solenoid with magnetic breakouts" I have had two of them, and what are the odds of getting two bad ones a month apart. I want to thank you all for your input and advice. And I would say stat away from Golf Carts Unlimited! their Tec support is, "Put it on BUGGIES GONE WILD and maybe someone can help you fix it!!!!!!"
Old 07-08-2019, 05:02 PM   #28
1sharphook

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCarl View Post
So, the piece of crap solenoids "Golf Carts Unlimited" sell are "SW180 Heavy-duty solenoid with magnetic breakouts"
I assume that there are no signs of an Albright sticker on your solenoids. If so, they are most likely selling reverse engineered chinese junk. Since this is a safety device, I recommend you consider an Albright part.

http://www.albrightinternational.com/products/sw180/
Old 07-08-2019, 07:53 PM   #29
JustCarl
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

This is what I have, two of them as a matter of fact. You know when you think you did all your homework, and finally pull the trigger. Only to find out you was reading out of the wrong book! Lesson learned.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Old 07-08-2019, 08:18 PM   #30
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCarl View Post
Ok update on the Club Car, I finely took to a professional, and after checking it out said it was the solenoid, replaced it and it works great. So, the piece of crap solenoids "Golf Carts Unlimited" sell are "SW180 Heavy-duty solenoid with magnetic breakouts" I have had two of them, and what are the odds of getting two bad ones a month apart. I want to thank you all for your input and advice. And I would say stat away from Golf Carts Unlimited! their Tec support is, "Put it on BUGGIES GONE WILD and maybe someone can help you fix it!!!!!!"
Glad you got it going but sorry you had to take it to a professional. I was hoping to show you that in Post #25 as that would have showed the solenoid failing to pass the current. They stick, bind, fail, etc. The science is not wrong and the tests will always prove that. So just remember Murphy is always at play and I happy carting going forward!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car