lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-26-2011, 09:28 AM   #1
damo
Not Yet Wild

Default why does my 04 48vCC pulse in power

I just installed a speed tourqe kit from buggies unlimited. when i first installed the kit i did not run the original ground wire through the computer.the kit came with bigger wires and wouldnt fit through the obc. the cart would come to a stop after a short ride and start to pulse power bad. i realized mistake and ran ground through OBC. cart did fine for a while ,now its starting to pulse again. not as bad but power comes on and slightly off as your riding. batteries and connectors are fine. Is my computer bad?
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-26-2011, 05:29 PM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: why does my 04 48vCC pulse in power

"Batterys and connections are fine" have you actually checked battery condition by either digital volt meter testing or better yet single float hydrometer readings on each cell in each battery ( NOT MULTIFLOAT ANTIFEEZE TESTER ) and compared readings with STICKIES Titled "State Of Charge Readings" ?
"Is my computer bad" its a remote possiblity but first check batterys as this is common cause of what you are talking about, making sure that correct power is available first will eliminate alot of guessing.
You have done some extensive parts changing so its also possible that you have a internittent bad connection, or a whole lots of other possible reasons? Especilly if you have a IQ cart it could be plug in connections on controller?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:39 PM   #3
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Try resetting your OBC and then recharge the system until it completes ( up to 16 hours) and the charger shuts off.

The OBC is a strange bird , if you ran or tried charging the cart with the OBC not threaded it may have done something strange to the charging instructions.

Resetting OBC instructions click ->http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...er-system.html
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:39 PM   #4
damo
Not Yet Wild

ok, ill try. does the obc go bad? is there an upgrade available? and is it worth it
Old 01-26-2011, 10:51 PM   #5
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Yes OBC's like anything else go bad .
But if it worked before the upgrade and U did not try to drive the NEW cable through the OBC or damage it in any way , then it probably just needs a reset .
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:49 PM   #6
damo
Not Yet Wild

ok. did the reset and it seems to be back in order. the real test will be this weekend when my daughters get a hold of it! i saw a cart pic with 4 12volt batteries i thought. is that what i saw? makes sence 48volts rite? is there a benifit to that? good or bad
Old 01-28-2011, 04:19 PM   #7
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

You get longer range and power and longer battery life with 6- 8 volt batterys. Club Car has switched from 12 volt batterys to 8 volt batterys to get better perormance.
Example
Trojan 8 volt batterys
T-875=170 Amp Hour
T-890=190 Amp Hour
Trojan 12 volt batterys
T-1260 Plus 140 Amp Hour
T-1275=150 Amp Hour
T-1275 Plus=150 Amp Hour
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:11 PM   #8
damo
Not Yet Wild

i understand, thanks. my cart still pulsed in power this weekend after fifteen min of driving. i think there is a way to check my "speed module". not sure what could be the problem. i can stop after it starts and it seems to do good for a bit then back to pulsing. all connections are good as well as batteries. any thoughts?
Old 01-30-2011, 08:48 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

What all exactly did you get with the upgrade kit? Solenoid could be dropping out .. can you hear any clicking when it blips?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:02 PM   #10
damo
Not Yet Wild

i got whole goody box of stuff. silinoed, speed module,motor,diodes,fuse link and cables. I thought same thing and put new silinoed and still the same issue.i called the tech from where i purchased and he mentioned some amp test but its hard to get him on phone. it does well in the beginning then slows and pulses. aggrivating! i first noticed problem not after i first installed kit but after i started having charging problems. that may have been from me forgetting to put ground through obc. charger burnt up and had to get new one. problem started.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car