lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2011, 01:25 PM   #1
bayoum70
Not Yet Wild

Default charge batteries?

My EZGO batteries are dead. How do I hook up 12 volt charger to charge batteries enough so my golf cart charger will begin charging?
bayoum70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2011, 01:36 PM   #2
Tony M
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: charge batteries?

Assuming you have a 36 volt system, disconnect the battery cables in a fashion that leaves you with 3 sets of 12 volt setups, and charge them one at a time.
Tony M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:37 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Charging dead cart with 12v Charger; do I have to disconnect anything?
NO that is not necessary. The 12v charger only sees the two batteries between it's positive and negative charge leads..... On Ezgo I charge the 1st pair in the pack starting with the main Positive. Then move to the end Pair at the main Negative, finally I move to the center pair and then plug the cart charger in also. The charger should come on soon after connecting it. Stay and watch, when the cart charger starts (just a few minutes of 12v charging should be needed at this point) remove the 12v charger. Let the cart charger finish or unplug at 16hrs which ever comes first.
It is a good idea to have and use a digital voltmeter to confirm voltages before you connect the charger in the wrong place.
If you have any questions please ask before you start.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 10:01 PM   #4
pool0715
Not Yet Wild

New cart owner with old charger, why does the charger not work and when pluged into the cart drains the batteries from 36 volts down to 20 volts is just 5 min?
pool0715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO