lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-28-2012, 07:59 AM   #11
swampland
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: my 98 ezgo series txt rebuild

here are some pics from last nights work. YES yurtle i am going 48V's so thanks for the link you are talented my friend and nice tesla coil .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC05257.jpg (222.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05260.jpg (210.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05261.jpg (201.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05262.jpg (217.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05264.jpg (174.1 KB, 0 views)
swampland is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-28-2012, 08:18 AM   #12
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Well you definitively have a project there. Take you time and go through it and you will have a great cart once again. I have not worked on mine for some time now but it has been on my mind. I will be watching, good luck.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:58 AM   #13
swampland
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

okay here come the questions-

6" lift kit - whats the benefits of a long kit compared to say a spindle kit?

powertrain- i would like fast and torque - not sure what all i need? i am going 48v want a new motor but not sure what kind and what all else i need.

tire/rims- should i buy them in a lift kit or seperate?

battery tray- who should i look at to buy one or should i try and fabricate one?

gearbox- want to open it up- should i change the gears or just change bearings and seals? and who do i get them from?

brakes- leaning toward manual disc.

time to start figuring a budget and then get somethings ordered. i would like my cart to look good but it isnt my main priority, my budget is focused on drive train and handling. i like to find deals so if you have any recommendations on pricing or suppliers that would help. thanks in advance for any help.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:21 PM   #14
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

i will give you my opinion-you know what that is worth!

an lt front end has a much superior ride than any other lift, but but a bunch more.
depends on how fast you can go 20mph with good torque with a 500 amp controller and and 48 volts. motor last. check out "carts unlimited" packages for some ideas.
a tire/rim package is usually a better deal.
build a tray if you are a good welder. they also have alum. ones now.
on the rear end, just change the oil unless you suspect a problem or see a leak.
any kind of disc brake set up is good. wet ones are supposed to be better, but are more $.
good luck
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:54 PM   #15
swampland
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

didnt get much sandblasting done (**** wet sand ) got the wire wheel on the places i could hit... got her stripped down to the frame. need to start ordering parts.... how the heck do you get that dang brake bolt out of there? i beat on her pretty good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC05280.jpg (150.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05277.jpg (160.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-30-2012, 04:25 PM   #16
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I have a 1998, and was able to clean the battery tray and coat with truck-bed liner. I still have stock tires and no lift, but upgraded to HD springs, 8 T-105s, HD FNR cam, HD solenoid, 4855, 2 AWG, AMD 36-volt (6.1-hp@5330 rpm) HIGH SPEED series motor with 19 spline coupler for E-Z-GO 1988-up series cars.

Stock drum brakes, Alltrax Ex-Ray clocked it at 37.6 mph, downhill with the wind at my back, but I can still lock 'em up!
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:40 PM   #17
TheWiltz
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Swamp, I would seriously consider finding another frame OR repairing that one prior to ordering parts. From personal experiance I will tell you that frame will not last long and with that much rust you wont have much to weld to. I don't mean to be negative but I'd hate to see you throw a bunch of money on parts then not be able to use them.

Best of luck on your cart and GEAUX SAINTS.
TheWiltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:35 PM   #18
swampland
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Wiltz for the good advice, i do not take it as negative,your just trying to look out for me. The original plan was to cut and reweld some channel myself. Well as i looked at the frame tonight (with an objective mind) and knowing my welding skills, i figured i would bring it to someone with much better skills than me and see what they suggest. I did not pay much of anything for the cart so not much invested as of yet. i really am excited to build a bad cart (if you know what i mean) but hate redoing what i've already done, so i do have to be smart about it. Thanks again...
p.s. less than a week from some football........ Who Dat!
swamp
Old 07-31-2012, 07:56 AM   #19
porthole
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampland View Post
so i dont even know what i dont know yet, if u know what i mean.
I like that.
porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:22 PM   #20
swampland
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The project is now back alive. Came across another cart that had a 500 amp controller, rims/tires, lift kit no batteries or charger and the frame is rusted through. So I stripped it down and placed what I wanted off that cart on the frame that I had rewelded, blasted,primed and coated whole frame with Bedliner coating.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (150.1 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO