lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2013, 02:34 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ezgo pds won't move

Yes if rebooting the control fixes the problem it is an error in the controller.
You might try this for a temporary fix.
Run a wire from battery pack main - to the small solenoid post with the blue wire on it..... if the cart runs go for it, you have bypassed the controller solenoid control circuit.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-03-2013, 03:50 PM   #12
kymudder
Not Yet Wild

I appreciate the info.... I went to do it and suprisingly it was working so I've now driven ariund an hour and its still working... if it happens again this weekend I'm gonna do that... when I get back home I'm going to get the problen fixed
kymudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 05:57 PM   #13
kymudder
Not Yet Wild

So it stopped again... I jumpered like u said and heard the solenoid click but no go.... do u think it could be pedal switch?
Old 08-03-2013, 11:36 PM   #14
Knothead
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I apparently am the only person who's had the problems, but I had similar thing going on. At first, solenoid wouldn't actuate. Kept tinkering & troubleshooting, & got solenoid to click, but no go. Finally figured out I had bad contact in the 10-pin connector at the controller (inside the connector). You might check this on yours.....
Knothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:13 PM   #15
kymudder
Not Yet Wild

I've only had this cart two weeks I'm gonna call where I got it from tomorrow... hopefully they will do something about it
Old 08-12-2013, 04:13 PM   #16
kymudder
Not Yet Wild

I just wanted to tell everyone I got the problem figured out it was the foot control switch under the floorboard I appreciate everyone's input
Old 04-27-2019, 11:03 AM   #17
acanterbury
Not Yet Wild

Hey JonnieB. I have a 2001 PDS cart that I am having a similar problem with. The solenoid won't activate. I looked at the diagram that you posted earlier and noticed that I have proper voltage on all of the pins on connector J1 except pin number 5. What do you think is the culprit? Faulty controller?
acanterbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 03:26 PM   #18
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by acanterbury View Post
Hey JonnieB. I have a 2001 PDS cart that I am having a similar problem with. The solenoid won't activate. I looked at the diagram that you posted earlier and noticed that I have proper voltage on all of the pins on connector J1 except pin number 5. What do you think is the culprit? Faulty controller?
It is better to start a new thread than resurrect a 6YO one, but Pin-5 is an external voltage input to the controller and the controller won't work without it.

Voltage source for Pin-5 is the red wire on the solenoid's battery side large terminal. The wire splits inside the wiring harness and one goes the beeper while the other goes to Pin-5. Trace the red wire and find the split and fix it.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 06:59 PM   #19
acanterbury
Not Yet Wild

I appreciate the tips. Sorry about resurrecting an old thread.
acanterbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO