lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2016, 04:38 PM   #1
sharun10
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Camber Settings

Hey how's everyone doing today?
I noticed that my golf cart drivers side front wheel was pointing towards the golf cart sorta like this | \ so I started doing some research and figured out it was a camber issue. Turned the 7mm bolt all they way it could. It did correct the slant a bit but still isn't totally straight. I started looking closer and looked like the shock absorber on the driver side might be worn out. Has anyone had any similar problems. Do you think replacing both will straighten it out.
Thanks for your input.
sharun10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2016, 06:15 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Camber Settings

Shock absorber will not affect the camber. It only affects how much the cart bounces around when you hit a bump.

Couple things I've found that affect camber the most are worn upper A Arm bushings. A bent A arm. Or a bent upper spindle/kingpin plate. (dont remember exactly what its called by club car, but it bolts to the top of the kingpin with the large 3/4" nut.

But it could also be a bent spindle arm, or a worn front spring allowing the left side to sag. These seem less common than those above, but still possible.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 09:13 PM   #3
sharun10
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

The camber adjustment is at its maximum. So it's a great possibility it could be bent. Followed these instructions and still have a slant in the drivers side tire. Have no idea what could be wrong.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (73.2 KB, 0 views)
sharun10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 10:47 AM   #4
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Check front leaf spring bushings and as stated the A arm bushings
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camber, settings, shock, wornout
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car