lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2016, 01:22 PM   #1
WTFNFD
Not Yet Wild

Default 1996 Gas Club Car DS RPM Limiter

I have A 1996 Club Car DS Gas. The cart runs great very smooth but seems it should be capable of higher RPMS. I have the governor disable. When I disconnect the ground wire on the RPM limiter I do not notice any difference in engine RPMS. My question is there anything else that would limit an increase in RPMS and should I notice A difference with the ground off the limiter? It runs so smooth could it be carburetor? The butterfly is opening all the way. I do not have a tach so I don't know what RPMS it is actually running at. It just seems that I should be able to get more. I found a lot of info on the limiter but could not find any on it making no difference.
Thanks for your help
Dave
WTFNFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2016, 03:39 PM   #2
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 1996 Gas Club Car DS RPM Limiter

have you inspected clutches?
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 04:00 PM   #3
WTFNFD
Not Yet Wild

The clutches are not the best condition, I do have a power spring and a plus 200 spring installed. Even in neutral it does not seem to reach excessive RPMS. Like I mention with the ground to the rev limiter disconnected it has no effect which I would think means that it is not hitting max RPMS for it to kick in. The governor has been disconnected. It runs smooth no missing, no smoking. I was wondering if carburetor could be the problem but I runs so good. It also had a 6" lift and bigger tires but that should not effect it in neutral.
Thanks for any help
Dave
Old 08-11-2016, 05:35 PM   #4
cruisinkruty
Gone Wild
Club Car

did you ever increase the size of the main jet? Probably starving for fuel.
cruisinkruty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 08:20 PM   #5
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

The RPM limiter cuts out the spark when it goes beyond a certain engine speed. If it ever kicked in you would certainly know it. How did you disable the mechanical governor? I have to wonder if there is something still holding back the travel of the throttle cables. Even with no carb modifications it should be able to flow enough fuel and air to tear the engine apart if you let it. I am not brave enough to disable the mechanical governor, but I've gotten pretty good at adjusting it to increase speed potential.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 10:03 PM   #6
WTFNFD
Not Yet Wild

I just spread and loosened the clamp that connects to the governor rod so the clamp turns freely and the governor won't affect the throttle. Maybe that's not the way to go.
Thanks
Dave
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car