lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-25-2017, 09:07 PM   #11
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: Still noisy fe290 engine, getting louder

You should be able to install a new one without any issue. I've never heard of someone having to drop an axle to R&R one.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-29-2017, 12:51 PM   #12
mrlmd
Gone Wild

Miracle of miracles - installed my new driven clutch today (over a lightly greased shaft) and the cart runs great, with NO noise except the humming of the engine.
It doesn't seem to have the same top speed as before but I am going to change the oil to remove that STP crap I put in and then see how it is. Maybe have to adjust some linkage or do the zip tie mod, although it could be the driven clutch is a little tight? There is no slippage, it takes off fast when you stomp on the pedal, has good acceleration, works just as well in reverse, so I think it's possible more engine related and could use some higher rpms.
mrlmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 02:18 PM   #13
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Great news!
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 12:40 PM   #14
mrlmd
Gone Wild

Follow up --
Changed the oil out (with the STP additive I had put in) with 5W-40 synthetic Mobil1 from my Corvette (had 6000 mi on it, still perfectly good, it's what I had lying around). I upped the speed quite a bit using a metal paper clip bent over and through the spring like on a zip-tie mod, (much easier to adjust) and now hits 14-15 mph on my GPS at 22-2500 rpm on my Tiny Tach. It's much faster, fast enough, because it would tip over going around corners if it went any faster and around my neighborhood it flies. Don't really want it much faster as a safety measure for when the grandkids come over and drive it once in a while. The new driven clutch works great, and still NO NOISE. I could get more speed out of it I'm sure, but it's quite good the way it is. Looking for another one to race down the street. Quite happy right now. Maybe next I'll respray it with some Krylon to refresh it and clean it up.
mrlmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 04:31 PM   #15
zingerbateman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Other than the amount of pieces, my driven clutch came off broken too. I took everyone's advice and called CPP to purchase a new driven clutch as I was planning on having mine machined anyway. Turns out I was offered a choice of buying a good used clutch or a brand new. I got a call today that my clutches are on the way back and I cannot say how nice it is to deal with a company that could've easily sold me a brand new clutch. So,.....big shout out to a great site sponsor!
zingerbateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car