lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2017, 04:26 PM   #21
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 92 Carry All Ignition problem

The mix screw on the carb really only affects the low speed circuit, but start about 1 1/2 turns out & adjust from there. Yes the system depends on some restriction through the air cleaner, so the only way to really get it right is with the air filter connected. Is yours a key start or pedal start?
meimk is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-23-2017, 09:50 PM   #22
squirreldog
Not Yet Wild

Pedal start.
squirreldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 12:03 AM   #23
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

So, with pedal start the idle set screw can be left backed out pretty much all the way because you're not trying to make it idle. I try to set the accelerator cable where the carb butterfly starts to open just after the micro switches in the control box allow the ignition to fire and the starter to crank. That gives you a nice smooth start and the ability to run slow when necessary. If you want more speed on the top end that can be done with the governor adjustment. Personally I find it annoying when the throttle is set to open the carb before the ignition & starter are engaged. It's like getting whiplash every time you start off.

Last edited by meimk; 11-24-2017 at 12:04 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 11-24-2017, 08:35 AM   #24
squirreldog
Not Yet Wild

I still have the brown wire disconnected from the rev limiter. Guess I can hook that up after the carb is done. If I wanted the cart to just idle, would the white wires in the control box box be all that needs to be disconnected since I don't yet have a microswitch for the forward selector? I would like my friend that has a starter/generator shop to check the charging system is why I would like to keep it running.
Old 11-24-2017, 09:07 AM   #25
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

To test the charging system I've always just held the pedal down for the few seconds it takes. To make it idle you van just unplug those white wires and set the idle screw in the carb. However, to also charge while it's running you would need to apply ground to the orange wire small terminal on the solenoid.
Old 11-24-2017, 02:29 PM   #26
squirreldog
Not Yet Wild

OK.you have been a lot of help. Thank u
Old 11-24-2017, 07:24 PM   #27
squirreldog
Not Yet Wild

I'm am pleased to share that the engine ran for 10 minutes this evening. The wire to the ignitor kept coming off. It was running rich without the air filter on. What octane gas do you recommend using? Mind you, it may sit for a month in between uses.
Old 11-24-2017, 07:43 PM   #28
squirreldog
Not Yet Wild

The is fuel line that runs from the carb closest to the intake. Is that supposed to return to the tank?
Old 11-25-2017, 02:37 AM   #29
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirreldog View Post
The is fuel line that runs from the carb closest to the intake. Is that supposed to return to the tank?
That's an air vent from the carb float bowl. Usually has a clear hose that goes down to the frame rail. It needs to stay open at the end and originally had a small plastic"X" piece to try to keep it clear. Some people just take it off, but may expose the carb to more outside dirt.
Old 11-25-2017, 07:03 AM   #30
squirreldog
Not Yet Wild

There was gas on the floor after it was running for a bit.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car