lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-28-2017, 05:47 PM   #1
Styme929
Not Yet Wild

Default Help I need a Clutch

Need a new clutch for my Club Car DS 341cc..Dose anyone know what yrs will work or what after market will work?
Styme929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-28-2017, 08:42 PM   #2
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: Help I need a Clutch

What year is your cart? if your cart is a 1984-1987.5, and it has the original clutch(s), I recommend upgrading both.

Carts have two clutches. Is it the drive clutch (on the motor) or driven clutch (on the axle) you need? If it’s the drive clutch you can use any DS clutch from 1988-up. If it’s the driven clutch, it needs to be from 1988-1996.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 05:05 PM   #3
Styme929
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbok View Post
What year is your cart? if your cart is a 1984-1987.5, and it has the original clutch(s), I recommend upgrading both.

Carts have two clutches. Is it the drive clutch (on the motor) or driven clutch (on the axle) you need? If it’s the drive clutch you can use any DS clutch from 1988-up. If it’s the driven clutch, it needs to be from 1988-1996.
the cart is a 1989..It is the drive clutch..I have a rebuild kit for the driven clutch.. I was not sure what clutch will work there seems to be a big price range on the clutches looks like any where from $100 to $700
Old 11-29-2017, 08:37 PM   #4
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Ok if it's an '89 you're in good shape. I'm not sure why the prices fluctuate so heavily, these clutches are mostly the same. Some poor suckers somewhere must be buying drive clutches for prices above $400. As I said any drive clutch listed from 1988-up will work on your cart. I know some of the listings say 1997 or 1998 and up but we broke down the replacement individual parts for these and could find no difference between the 1988-1996 clutches and the 1997-up clutches. The drive clutches on these carts are not directional like driven clutches are (1984-1996 motors ran CCW, 1997-up motors ran CW).

Here's a thread in which I tried to dispel some of the misinformation out there surrounding these clutches:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...-bad-ugly.html
Old 11-30-2017, 05:38 AM   #5
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Here's one that will work. And you might be able to get it pretty cheap. 1987 was a crossover year in which early '87s still had the old Salsbury-style clutch (undesirable), and the later '87s began using the newer style which is still used today. The clutch in the link below is the newer style:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/club-car-cl....c100005.m2219
Old 11-30-2017, 04:34 PM   #6
Styme929
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbok View Post
Here's one that will work. And you might be able to get it pretty cheap. 1987 was a crossover year in which early '87s still had the old Salsbury-style clutch (undesirable), and the later '87s began using the newer style which is still used today. The clutch in the link below is the newer style:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/club-car-cl....c100005.m2219
Lol!! I saw that clutch last night and bid it.. lost the bid buy a dollar cause I couldn’t get back on till I got home from work
Old 12-01-2017, 05:32 AM   #7
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

That's a shame...$51 is a steal for an operational clutch like that. Sounds like you need a smartphone with an eBay app!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car