lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2018, 05:40 PM   #1
kmfl98
Not Yet Wild

Default 99 DS Charging Problem

Having an issue, thought i'd see if anyone here has had a similar problem before I buy a new regulator. Cart runs and is at battery voltage. I do "the test" for the regulator/generator by taking top (yellow) wire off, grounding it and checking voltage. It seems to be all over the place when I do that. I reconnect yellow, and it's somehow fixed. Charges 14.8 or so for a while. Then next day or whenever I run it again, back to battery voltage. Seems like a bad connection or something but can't find any. It's like the test somehow resets the regulator for a while. Any idea's? Or just buy a new regulator and take a chance? Thanks for any input!
kmfl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-12-2018, 08:24 PM   #2
kmfl98
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 99 DS Charging Problem

Now I can't get it to charge at all... starting to thing starter/generator.
Old 06-13-2018, 05:56 PM   #3
Jimmie
Gone Wild
Club Car

You should have disconnected the yellow wire to the starter generator. Run a jumper wire from that terminal on the starter generator to ground. Run the engine up to speed for just a moment and see what voltage you read at the battery during that moment it's running. If it's still the under 12 volts it's a generator issue. If it goes high, over 15 volts, then it's a voltage regulator issue.
Jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 12:34 PM   #4
kmfl98
Not Yet Wild

Ya after re-reading the process, I screwed up. Probably fried the VR by grounding the yellow wire. I have one on order...
Old 06-14-2018, 05:52 PM   #5
Jimmie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Don't feel bad , you're not the first one to do that
Jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car